Chapter 10

FIRST PUBLISH DATE 3/15/17
Unedited
I wake up to a cold bed. For the first time in a week I wake up without Cato by my side. Since we both have to pack this morning he went back home after the Gala. And obviously I had to finally come home.

"Good morning sleepy head," Bri laughed when I entered the kitchen. She handed me a plate with chocolate chip pancakes on them.

"Thank you," I smiled. Chocolate chip pancakes have always been my favorite, although sometimes I can't eat them. I quickly ate, realizing I needed to pack still.

After breakfast I ran to my room, pulling my suitcases from under my bed and yanking the door to my closet open. I pulled out all of my training uniforms, and folded them, laying them in the suitcase. After that I pulled a few of my casual outfits from my closet, jeans, t-shirts, yoga pants, hoodies, anything comfortable came out. With that stuff I filled the first bag. Then I moved to pulling all of my shoes, my sneakers, boots, heels, slippers, at least one pair of each was shoved in the suitcase. I finally laid a few dresses in the suitcase, just to be safe.

I only had basics to pack now, deciding on shoving those into a back pack. Once I had all of my cords for my camera, tablet and phone packed, along with my brush, headbands, hair ties and my toothpaste and toothbrush I grabbed the other two bags of luggage and exited my room.

"Did you pack swimsuits?" Alex asked when I was walking out the door.

"No..." I trailed off, wondering why I'd need them. Oh wait, District 4 is on the coast. "Get me one!"

"Here, I actually packed them for you earlier. Sorry about the two packs."

"It's ok," I smiled, hugging Alex, then Cami, Bri, Enobaria and Brutus. The president had told us yesterday that a car would pick us up and take us to the train station.

I walked down to the car, and pushed my luggage into the seat beside me, earning a groan from Cato. "Good morning to you too," he laughed.

"Didn't realize you were in here."

"I'm offended," he scoffed, moving his hand away from mine.

"Awe did I hurt your little feelings?" I teased.

"Yes, you did and now you're gonna regret it," he smirked mischievously.

"Was that a threat?" I smiled.

"Yes it was," he replied, kissing my cheek. "This morning was weird."

"I know. I was a little confused. Just meant I wasn't fighting for bathroom time."

"I'm not the one who takes half an hour doing her makeup."

"You always beat me though," I pouted. "I always wake up and you're gone."

"Cause I don't wanna wait for you to be done."

"We're here," the driver stated dryly.

Cato opened his door quickly exiting and jogging to my door. He opened it and extended his hand. I guess he wanted to look like a gentleman in front of Capitol officials.

I smiled back at him and took his hand. When I went to grab my bags I saw that they had already been grabbed and were on their way to the train. I exited the car and immediately cameras began flashing. If this was what it was like to come home from the Games I'd break down too. It's overwhelming just being innocent, but after out living 23 kids, it's got to be hell.

"Farewell children," whispered Mayor Ungerson. "I can't wait for the gala upon your return."

"It is with great honor that we stand before you, as citizens of this great country, and rejoice in the opportunity granted upon myself and Cato to experience new Districts. We will see you upon our return," I smile, beaming into the microphone as any good Panemian would.