Team Work (Alec x Reader x Jace)

Jace marched through the institute hallways as fast as he could, pushing anyone in his way out of it. With the news Jace received from Valentine hours before he didn't know what to think. It changed his whole life around before and now it could do the same all over again. He wasn't ready for it and needed advice from the only person he could trust. Alec was his parabatai also his brother he would truly understand. Stopping right in front of his bedroom door he took a breather then made his way inside.

"Oh I'm sorry" Jace said as he entered, seeing you and Alec laid down in bed. You two weren't doing anything but talking about all of the events that seemed to be happening so much lately. It was started to take a toll on everyone and you guys were making sure you were both still okay.

"Don't worry Jace" Alec told him as he sat up in the bed "We weren't at anything"

"Not yet at least" You piped in with a smirk on your face. Alec slightly smacked your shoulder while rolling his eyes at you. Jace smiled at the interaction in front of them wishing he still had something like that.

"Go Jace what do you need?" Jace looked at you really wondering if he wanted you here to hear the news. You got the hit and went to stand to leave but Jace stopped you.

"No you can stay I'm just umm..." Jace mumble looking at everything in the room beside Alec and you.

"Jace you know you can tell us anything right?" You spoked in a soft tone. "Whatever you say now won't leave this room" Jace finally looked back you two. Alec nodded his head in agreement showing Jace that everything was fine.

"Valentine told me some news earlier before I gave him to The Clave" Jace started to speak as he replay the scene over and over in his mind. "Clary and I ain't sibling like we thought" You gasped and cut him off

"Isn't that great Jace? You guys can finally get your happily ever after" Jace looked down at the ground sadly.

"What happened Jace?" Alec asked as he made his way over to him, laying a hand on his shoulder for comfort.

"I was going to tell her. Clary, I saw her kiss Simon and she looked so happy. The happiest I seen her since she got here, I knew I couldn't ruined that moment for her. So I stay hidden out of sight and came here. Alec you always know the right thing to do so what should I?" Alec looked over at you sitting on his bed with a blank face he didn't know to say for once. Alec felt this way before but couldn't really form it into words for anyone to hear.

"Tell her" You said "It's for the best, it doesn't have to be in this very moment but it has to be soon. Holding on to that secret will only make everything worse Jace and none of us can handle much more"

"Listen to her Jace, she knows what to do" Alec backed you up. A smile came across Jace face and he truly look happy.

"Thank you guys, I'll do later tonight. I serious don't know what I would do without you two" Giving you guys a hug each, he made his way out of the room preparing himself for what was to come later. Alec walked over to you wrapping his hands around your waist as he spoke.

"I truly don't know what I would do without you by my side sometimes" Alec laid his chin on top of your head. "Whenever I need help with something you are there and I love you for that"

"I love you too Alec" You mumble against his chest "Were a great team together" Alec laughed at your comment and agreed

"We really do but we can always use some more practice, don't you think? A smirk now came across Alec face and you started to blush as he pulled you two towards the bathroom in his room. What could you say practice makes perfect.