Eight

Angel

It's been three weeks since the accident. Donna's hearing is scheduled to be this weekend and Kaden has been following me around like a lost puppy. The new Skank Squad hasn't really been bothering me, especially with Kaden riding my "D" like a porn star and Dionna bucking them away any chance she got.

To say the least, it was peaceful. A foreign feeling nevertheless. I was still uncomfortable with Kaden and flinched every time he came near and the depressing looks he gave me unearthed me. I honestly had no idea why he was trying so hard. I mean not to long ago he was the complete opposite. He treated me just like they did.

((Okay just a heads up: My P.O.V change ups will start now. This will be the only mid chapter one))

KADEN

She won't let me touch her.
She won't let me talk to her.
All she does is walk silently next to me in a dreamlike state, but what do you expect from a attempted rape victim.

She's the saddest girl I've ever met and it hurts me to know that I am part of the reason why. She really is beautiful, but being who I was and coming from my family made me feel disgusted and secretive about my interest in her. I was raised to believe that people with her flesh tone (I refuse to use the N-word in my stories, even when they're about racism) were nothing, but imbeciles who ruined families. In a way my parents were no better than Donna's. Which is why my grandparents took me in when I was six. Donna's older sister, Elle, was raped and murdered at the age of sixteen. We were all twelve at the time and Angel didn't even live here then. The man tried for the murder was a handicapped black man, who was the one who reported the murder. He couldn't have done it, he had cerebral palsy, but that didn't stop this town from turning against him until he confessed and pled guilty to a crime I'm pretty sure he didn't commit. People definitely come together for the wrong things and as soon as Donna's parents found out the race of the man they were on him like white on rice. It was as if they no longer cared about finding the real culprit. It was as if they no longer cared about finding justice for their daughter.

Angel moved to this god forsaken town two years later and that poor man is still sitting on death row to this very day.

I was deep in thought when I felt something feathery touch my arm. I looked down to see Angel's hair brush against my bare skin as she dodged people in the hallway. My breathing stopped and I realized that I was so obsessed with her.

The vibrant color of her skin...
Like deep rich chocolate.
The color of her eyes.
Like bright orbs of amber when the sun hit them.
The plumpness of her lips.
Like soft lush clouds.
The puff of her hair.
Like a wild forest waiting to be plundered.

Could I be falling in love? Honestly...I could be. Her quiet demeanor and sensuality appealed to me in ways that no one else had, but with the way I'd treated her she probably thought I was the scum of the earth. I'd always liked Angel, but lately I have just been feeling so much more.

I glanced at Angel once more and sighed as we walked to our class. She walked slowly and looked lost in thought. A look I was so use to seeing on her. She picked at the ends of her soft hair and gently tugged ever so often. Her hands were always in her hair. Pinning it up or taking it down. Running through it or puffing it up and with every manipulation the sweet scent of coconut and honey suckle assaulted my nostrils in the most pleasurable way. Coconut seemed to be her go to scent. I can't for the life of me remember a day where she didn't smell like coconut.

I really like this girl.

TERRIBLE CHAPTER, but oh well