24. To try

[The questions you left in the past chapters are being answered in this one! If your one is brought up, I've tagged you🎉 The other usernames are just random ones I've come up with lmao]
[ALSO I MUST SAY, THANK YOU ALL SO BLOODY MUCH FOR THE ENDLESS SUPPORT ON MY WRITING, YOU LOVELY LOT! 7K. what???
I literally have the most wonderful readers ever, all your comments make me feel so happy and motivates me to write. Thank you for reading this far!]

December was almost over, and both Vanessa and Lin had headed back to work.
Vanessa had become a bit overprotective over the past few days, but no way near how Lin was.
I wasn't allowed to be home by myself anymore - which I was determined to change, so much could happen if I wasn't at home - but, this also meant that going to the Theatre was a daily happening.

I was half watching the rehearsal, half texting Carson. He wouldn't come back to New York in at least a week, since he was visiting his aunt with his grandma in Pittsburgh. But, his Christmas had been great; aside from mine.
All of a sudden I could hear Anthony call for me on the stage. I looked up from the screen, surprised.
"Hey, Rue! Come join us, it's break!", he shouted, waving his hands in the air in an act for me to get there. Confused, I gathered my phone and headphones, and stepped out from the middle row. "We're playing Twister!"
Touch every chair four times, or you'll lose someone you love.
I laughed.
"And you lot, just suspects me to join?", I exclaimed, running up the little stairs to the stage, waving my very yellow cast in the air.
Pippa giggled, putting her arm around my shoulder.
"You'll be spinning the spinner... and laughing your butt off while watching us", high-fiving me, her pretty almond eyes and the kind face smiling at me.
I sat down at the floor, seeing Anthony, Pippa, Javi and Renée getting ready.
"Are y'all having a tournament or what?", I asked, referring to the rest of the cast cheering and chatting about everything between the earth and the sky.
"You got that right, Rue!", Chris said, jumping down, right next to me. "Lin & Oak are out getting tacos for everyone, he told me to look after you. I feel special", he added, sticking his tongue out to Pippa who were saluting him.
"Mr Hamilton trusts you, mr President", she said. "Now, spin!", her demand making my hand pushing the arrow.
It took a few seconds, and soon it stopped.
"RIGHT HAND...", but got cut off by Javi.
"MAN!", I broke out in laughter, trying to speak the next word.
"BLUE!"
Everyone attacked the mat with their right hand, fighting for the same blue dot.
Blink your eyes 56 times Rue, in the perfect rhythm.

Soon, everyone were to stumble and fall over themselves - all fighting for the win.
I snapped a picture of my bright yellow cast, which I'd drawn a tiny sun on, with everyone in the background - Andrew on the floor, Thayne jumping up and down because he won his round, Jazz high-fiving Anthony after they'd both gotten to the semi-final, Chris' head photobombing the left corner and a confused Lin and Oak in the background with horrendously big bags from a taco takeaway.

@ruemarkable:
A cast with the cast

Deciding to tweet the pun that had been on my mind since I got up on the stage, attaching the rather random picture.

I walked right into Lin & Jon's dressing room after the extreme Twister tournament, Jon racing out, with Lin's laugh and his own echoing in the halls.
In the end, Andrew had conquered the first place, which he'd celebrated by dancing like Uma Thurman.
Confused, I looked around, Lin looking at a screen - rather focused, yet smiling.
Realising he was on Periscope, I tip-toed in the background. Lin smiled at me, waving his hand. Sitting dowm on the couch, bit tired, I rested my head on the window sill. I knocked on the glass 23 times quietly.
My cast was in the way, it destroyed my routines. Therefore I had to do everything twice as much.
Or someone you love will die.
"Yes, my daughter's in the background!", he, all of a sudden, exclaimed, making me glance over to him in front of the mirror. "Have the privilege of joining the livestream, Rue-Rue"
I giggled, as he dumped down right next to me. I suddenly got a bit stressed as I saw the livecount on how many people actually were watching.
"Hello, mi niñita", he said.
"Hi-", but I cut off myself as the word transformed into a yawn. Lin let out a laugh.
"You tired?", Lin asked jokingly, yet caring.
I nodded. "Did you get any sleep last night?", he added quickly, like he really wanted to know.
The truth is that I didn't - but I just shrugged my shoulders.
"Early to bed for you then, niñita"
It was firstly now that I could catch up on the comments, as I hysterically tried to read every one of them just flickering on the screen.