Epilogue

A Little More Than A Year Later

(Sarah's POV)

   After having gone through hours of labor, I know held my a new daughter in my arms. I looked up at Henry. "She is so small."

   "Yes she is. What are we going to name her?" He asked as he stood beside me.

   "I like the name Ember."

   "It is a beautiful name."

   "Hello little Ember. Welcome to the world." I held her in my arms for a little while longer than handed her to Henry. He left to take her to the nursery while I laid down and took a little nap.

   I woke up and found myself staring into the eyes of a stranger. I opened my mouth to scream but the person covered my mouth with their hand. I watched as he set a letter on the night stand beside me. Slowly he backed up and left the room.

   Once he was gone I pulled my gaze from the door to the letter. I reached out and picked it up. I unfolded it and felt my blood run cold. I recognized the writing immediately. I hadn't seen it in a year.

    It read:

    Dear Princess Sarah and Prince Henry,

   You have given birth to a healthy child. I must tell you, you are fools for doing so. It is a daughter and will be easier to use to our advantage. You will suffer through her. She will have to suffer and know pain because of you. She has been thrown to the crows for picking.

   Emanuel's brother is waiting. He will be ready when the times come. The question is: will you be ready?

     "Henry!" I called. I was worried. This can't happen. Our poor Ember cannot be used as a way to get back at us.

  Henry came bursting through the door. "What? What's wrong?"

   I handed him the letter and watched his eyes flicker across the page as he read it. When he finished he sat beside me and pulled me into his arms. "I will protect her. We will protect her."

   I looked at him and whispered, "how?"

   He looked down at me. "I am not sure, but we started this together and we will finish it together. Remember together forever."