Under the Shirt

Lillian's eyes were dripping with sleep, threatening to shut on her any minute. She lazily trudged through the open and contemporary living room before heading towards the bedroom. 

She and her husband just finished celebrating and he headed to bed while she stayed up a little longer to code and extra firewall on their personal website to ensure that a certain news does not get leaked to the media. They created the website to stay in touch with family members without the chance of getting hacked by the tabloids.

She entered to an empty bed and her husband clad in a low riding towel, brushing his teeth in the bathroom.  

She ogled at the love of her life before shaking herself away from the daze and go hunting for another one of her husband's shirts to wear to bed. 

While going through his minimal casual shirts, typical, she discovered an article of clothing that most definitely did not belong to her or her husband.

Clutching the guilty article of clothing in one hand, she approached her husband who was about to drop his towel.

"Rikkard Ambrose!"

The accused man simply turned around to his enraged man, his eyes widening when he noticed that his secret might finally be out.

"Lillian," he managed in a steady voice, hiding his fear in the staccato his pinkie was playing against the wet towel around his hips.

"Where did you find that?"

"What do you mean where did I find it? Why did I not know about it in the first place?"

"Sweethea-"

"Do NOT sweetheart me! How could you do this to me?"

The woman in question broke down into tears, collapsing on the floor at figuring out what her husband has so desperately been hiding from her. 

The man in question rushed towards his weeping wife, gathering her in his arms and proceeding towards their bed.

"Lillian, love. I didn't mean it. It didn't mean anything to me. I swear. I love you. I would never do that to you."

"Then explain this!"

The now apoplectic woman screamed towards him, an accusatory finger jabbing at his naked chest.

"You told me you didn't want this and now you sneak behind my back and do this?"

"I'm so sorry. I swear it is nothing."

"How long?"

"What?"

"How long have you been doing this?" 

"E-uhm. Ever since we got engaged."

"Rikkard!"

"I'm sorry! I was just really enthused but you weren't ready so I had to release it somehow!"

"But this? I wanted it to be special to us."

"It will be. I promise you it will never happen again and it will be so much better with us."

"O-okay. I trust you."

"I love you, Lillian."

"I love you too."

And the enamored couple fell into a heat of passion, the small lion cub baby onesie abandoned on the floor.

~~~

"I still can't believe you! We are supposed to go baby shopping together! You don't even like babies!"

"No. I don't like babies. But I will love ours," he says, lovingly placing his hand on her soon to grow stomach, " Because they are you and me."

Lillian giggled before snuggling closer to her husband. 

"Would you look at that," says Rikkard sarcastically, scrolling through their iPad.

"Breaking News!"

"Billionaire Rikkard Ambrose and his wife, Lillian Linton, founder of the No Women Left Behind organization, are having their first child! Sources say the couple just recently found out and are extremely excited about the pregnancy. Any comments from either party are pending, however, the inside source confirms that the couple will be scheduling a press conference soon and has ensured, People, will have front row. More information on page 13."

"Source? Who is this source and how does it know this?"

Lillian laid rested against her husband's bare chest as they scrolled through the trending news of today, their baby.

As a notification erupted on Rikkard's phone, a picture of Karim eating a donut, his suspicions were confirmed. The man in thought just recently discovered Rikkard's secret stash of baby items for his future daughter and clearly took to his own method to earn some extra cash. 

The couple stared at the picture of their bodyguard, right-hand man, and friend who recently discussed his financial troubles to them. Apparently selling your friends out was his method of quick cash instead of the regular stripping.

"Karim."

~~~

So I redid this. I am so sorry for the terrible chapter before (I mean worse than this). I threw up in my mouth when I reread it so here you go! But I do have a new book coming out (when I can make a suitable cover for it). It's probably going to be called "The Ironic Tale of the Single Love Guru." Ici est le aparçu:

"Excuse me! I am a certified love guru!"

"Where have you got your certifications from?"

"Um, Wattpad?"

---

More importantly, I'm failing AP Math so can all of you beauties pray I get at least a 95% on my math test Thursday and Friday? I actually have the lowest mark in my class so it is embarrassing...