Chapter 3

"Breakfast, Bryson!" I didn't walk downstairs. I continued my push-ups trying to release all the anger that had built up. I was still mad from yesterday's dinner. how dare he? I wanted my father and Mr. Scott to work this whole thing out so I could still talk to April.

"Bryson, door!"

"Tell them to come back later!" I yelled back. I stopped doing my workout and laid on my back for a second to catch my breath. the few moments I was laying on my back was when April walked in looking stunning. her jeans so tight and her shirt clinging to her tight stomach.

"I didn't mean to interrupt you. are you busy?"

"Not really, just thinking."

"About that whole thing that went down with our parents? me too."

I climbed on my bed and she sat down next to me.

"I came over here for a reason."

"That being?"

"There's this ball coming up. some influential people are going to be there and I was wondering if you would be my date."

"I'm glad you thought of me."

"I don't know any other man as charming as you." she laughed. that smile, that smile. I wanted to stare at it and I would do anything to make it appear across her face.

"So, it's a date then?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Thank you Bryson." she wrapped her arms around my sweaty back and chest.

"No problem."

"I'll text you later."

"Please do."

She gave me another smile and walked out of my room. I had to tell this girl something, she was driving me crazy.