Chapter 12

EDWARD

"WELL YOU SHOULDN'T feel guilty then." Vivoree reassured me with a smile.

"Yeah, I mean, we're not together, right? Hell, I don't even think she likes me." I said.

"Do you?" She asked me with a smile. I didn't know what to say so I just shrugged.

"Gusto ko siya makilala! Bakit ba kasi ayaw mo sabihin yung pangalan? Hay! Pero I think dapat next time, wag ka na mangako or magpaasa kung wala ka namang gusto. Parang chick boy dating niyan eh."

"Who are you calling chick boy? Marco?" I teased.

Her smile became a frown. I shouldn't have said that.

I was about to take it back and tell her that I was only joking when she murmured, "He's changed." She was obviously convincing herself more than me.

Before I could say anything that would hurt her more, I stood up from my seat and excused myself.

"Talk you for the talk, Viv. You're a nice person. Marco is so lucky to have you." She looked up to me and mouthed, "thank you."

I was about to open the library door when someone from the other side pushed it a little too hard. I almost got my nose broken, glad I got good reflexes and got away from it fast.

Marco? He was definitely pissed off. He was dripping wet which earned a look from the librarian.

"Hey, you good?" I asked.

"Where's Vivoree?"

"Left corner. Last table." He just left without saying another word. What's up with him?

I left the library and headed to my next class. Filipino. I fucking hate this subject.

I was about to yell at someone who bumped my shoulder when I realized who that person was. Maymay?

I ran after her and stopped her from walking. "Hey." I awkwardly said.

"Hey mo mukha mo!" She said before pushing me. I didn't move an inch because her push didn't felt like it had force. She's so thin. Does this girl even eat?

"Why are you mad at me?" I asked her, my hands placed on her bony shoulders.

"Listen, fo-ranger. You hurt my bestfriend, so you can't talk to me."

"What? I didn't do anything." I lied.

"Just... Tagalog na nga lang. Kung kailan nagugustuhan ka na niya tsaka mo naman gagawin yon! Sana sinabi mo na magdedate ka nalang ng iba at tinapos mo yung sa inyo ni Sesski na parang tao. KissWard shipper pa man din ako!"

"Listen, there's nothing going on between us..." I pinched the bridge of my nose. How do I make her understand that I didn't want to hurt her friend? Well, at least not intentionally.

"Edward, gusto ka na nung kaibigan ko." She said, looking at me like she's ready to fight anytime.

"I heard you the first time, Maymay. You don't have to tell me twice."