Surprise

It was 6pm, and outside the sky was musky and dark.
I sit round my friends house, and my phone begins to rings. Eugh, it was my dad. I answer the phone.
"Hello?" I say
"Lauren Lincoln, get home now! You were meant to be back at 5!" My dad's words echo round the room, wow, he's angry.
"Leaving now." I say hanging up.

"I've gotta go!" I say to Addy.
"Sure, see you Monday, yeah?" She says
I nod and grab my things.
I slam the door behind me, and begin the walk home. It wasn't too long, about 10 minutes. Me and Addy only lived a few blocks away from each other, which wasn't too bad.

I can't begin to even think what my dad will say, he got off set at 5 and I promised I'd be home then.
As I turn to my road I see my dad standing by the car, glaring at his watch.
"Lauren! Hurry up!" He shouts
I do as told and begin to run.
"I'm sorry I'm late." I say, arriving at the car, panting out of breathe.
Wow, I really need to exercise.
"Your home now, we're going to Normans, I have some exciting news." My dad says.
I get in the car and buckle up, I unlock my phone and text Addy.

(A; Addy. M; Me)
M; Dad said there's exciting news, what do you think it is!

A; Your grounded for a week? He sounded pretty angry on the phone!

M; Nope, he was fine about it, guess!

A; tell me!

M; I don't know what it is, I need help!

A; oh I don't know I'm stumped.

M; I'll tell you when I know!

A; okay, talk later!

The whole journey to Normans I spent wondering on what this surprise could be, maybe Norman will let me have a go on his crossbow. I've always wanted to do that!

As we arrive to Normans house all these thoughts start running through my mind on what this surprise could be, I step out of the car with my dad, and he knocks on the oak wood door.

Mingus' head peeps round, 'come in!' He says.

We follow Mingus into his living room, and there sits Norman, Robert Kirkman, Chandler Riggs, and Lauren Cohan. Steven Yeun, emily Kinney, and some producers from the set were wondering about.

Okay, this is weird, I thought it was just me, dad and Norman. Mingus would have come in and out of the conversation, me and him get along really we'll, we're the same age, and have known each other since we were little.

Anyways, Lauren signals for me to sit next to her, and I look at my dad and he nods. Butterflies in my stomach? Fuck that, I felt the whole zoo. I was so nervous. I look over at chandler. I had the tiniest crush on him? Okay, hugest. Me and him were like best friends, and saw each other regularly, and knew everything about each other. He smiles reassuringly at me, and I giggle.

"Lauren?" Robert says.
"Yes?" I say.
"We've got some good news for you." He finishes

I look around and everybody has the biggest grins on their face possible. Wow, I'm nervous, excited, I smile awkwardly, and I feel myself blushing yet I don't know why, I just want to find out this news.