#79: Finding Out The Gender Of Your Baby

Tumblr credit: http://perfprefs1d.tumblr.com/post/74016522161

Sal: "What do you hope it is?" you asked your husband, only seconds before you were going to find out. It was the typical question, and you were so nervous, that it was the only thing you could think to say. The doctor had left the room, and would be back at any moment to tell you the exciting news. "I don't care," he replied, knowing either way he'd been so excited for your son or daughter. "Me either," you agreed, as the door opened, and your heart felt like would explode. "So?!" The doctor smiled, "It's a girl."

Brian (Q): "A son," he whispered, as if the word wasn't real. It just wasn't something that he could really comprehend. He was still trying to get over the shock of your pregnancy, and now to learn it was a little boy, it all was very overwhelming. He was happy, but very overwhelmed. "We're having a little boy Brian," you said, trying to let it all sink in yourself. He looked at your stomach, and tried to picture the little boy who was growing in there. "I can't believe our son is in there. Our son. That's so odd to say."

James (Murr): It had seemed like a fun idea to wait to learn the gender of your child. To get a cake made by a baker, who had a note from your doctor that told her what it was. By the time you were holding the knife to cut the cake though, to see if the center was pink or blue, your nerves were awful, and you could not wait a moment longer. "I'm so excited!" you said, as James grabbed your hand, to help you cut the slice, in front of all of your closest friends and family. "Me too," he responded, as you both slowly cut into it, and crumbs began to fall. Pink crumbs. "It's a girl!"

Joe: "It feels like it's a boy," Joe told your doctor, as he looked at the screen, while you were getting your very first ultrasound. You had this feeling that you couldn't shake, that told you it was a little boy. Your doctor was shaking her head though. "So it's a girl?" he asked, feeling so happy to hear that he was going to have a daughter to spoil. The doctor shook her head once again. "What do you mean?" you asked, your heart shattering. Your mind thought the worse. "Don't panic. It's good. It's both!" "Twins?!"