CHAPTER 39

Chase's POV

The next couple of days we've been planning on the attack in more detail. Our trackers successfully followed one of the rogues to the entrance of their underground pack house and know where it's exact location is now. It's just a matter of time and planning well until we finally get Sky back. Kristof has been hiding in the guest mansion and the only times Alex and I have been able to discuss our plans with him is when we went over to see him. He's been moping around and acting very depressed since Summer woke up. He stank of stale alcohol in the mornings, indicating he spent the nights drinking.
Alex was currently with the King and our betas organising our next move while I was in my office, with Summer hovering over me impatiently, demanding to be part of the rescue mission. I sighed an irritated sigh.
"Summer, I've told you this twenty thousand times already"- I growled, straightening up in my chair and turning to look at her, annoyed.- "You are in no condition to be part of this. It is safer for you to stay here with the females and pups."
"Why?"- she demanded angrily.- "You think that just because I'm human now that I can't kick a wolf's ass?"
"I'm more than aware that you can still do some damage even being human"- I said, standing up, placing my hands flat on my desk as I did so.- "But I will not risk losing you again just because of your stubbornness"
She's been pestering me non stop about this and I've just about had enough of it.
"But I want to be useful, help my Luna..."- she whispered, looking down in defeat.
I turned towards her and grabbed her by the chin, bringing her eyes up to meet mine.
"You are useful, Summer. Your task is to protect the weaker ones in the packs, that's also very important. Sky would tell you the same thing if she was in my shoes."
"I hate being human..."
"I know, and we will find a solution, don't worry."- I smiled softly.- "Plus, I need you to help me out with something."
"With what?"- she looked at me, hopeful.
"There is a certain King that has been neglected by his mate for two days and is in need of getting his shit together, and the only way to do that is with his mate kicking his ass into sense."
She groaned and pulled away, walking around towards the window.
"I don't know what to do about that, Chase"- she whined.- "I mean, yeah, I feel the connection and all, but I'm bloody human for fuck's sake! What can a human do with a vampire mate? I didn't even believe it was possible to have another mate until now. I feel lost and I'm not used to this."
If I didn't know better, I would say she was terrified of her own feelings towards the King.
"Summer, there is nothing wrong with loving someone from a different species. He's your mate, and if the Goddess set you up with him it's because She has greater plans for you in the future. Trust in the Goddess and trust in your heart."
She sighed after a few minutes of silence and then turned around and nodded. I smiled victoriously.
"Fine"- she huffed.- " But don't think for one second I'm going to be all sappy and lovey-dovey with him. If he's expecting a delicate female to bend to his every command,  he better think again or he won't know what hit him until it's too late."
"Wouldnt dream of it."- I said, raising my hands in surrender and laughing at her comment. The King was going to have his hands full with her, that's for sure.
"Time to face the music."- She mumbled as she headed for the door and walked out without so much as a wave in my direction.
I shook my head with a chuckle. I'm glad she is still the Summer I know. I know she's hurting, she doesn't talk about it but I know she's devistated losing her wolf and going through everything she's been put through. Sometimes I see her just staring into the distance, her eyes void of the spark she used to have. Then, when she notices me staring at her, she would bring her walls up and pretend like nothing ever happened. But the spark isn't there anymore. I just hope the king will be able to break those walls down and give her the love and support she needs.
"Where are you?"- Alex mind-linked me after I put away some papers.
"In the office, why?"
"Mom and dad just came back from Elders Ground."- he informed me.
Ah, yes. Mom and dad went a few days ago to meet up with the rest of the Council to talk about what happened. We've kept them up to date with the occurrences that have been going on and they have been discussing it with the Elders. Together they have been searching for a solution with the magic and other powers we've been dealing with to make the battle more even. As werewolves, there is only so much we could do, and brute force doesn't cut it when it comes to magic.
"Okay, bring them to my office, I'm done here."- I told him.
"Okay."- he paused for a before adding:-" They didn't come alone"
"Very well, come with all of them."
A few minutes passed and a knock on the door made me stand up to greet the visitors. Alex came in and hold the door open as dad and mom walked in.
"Dad"- I greeted, shaking his hand.
"Son"- he nodded with a professional tone.
He moved aside as a small hand pushed him to the side and from behind him appeared my mom.
"Mother"- I smiled lovingly.
"Chase"- she breathed, hugging me tightly, making me laugh.
"Mom, it's only been a few days, missed me that much?"- I hugged her back.
"Of course!"- she exclaimed, moving back a bit to look at me in the eyes.- "Not seeing my boys for longer than a day makes it feel like years"
I smiled again and then my attention drifted to the figure standing at the door. I don't know what stunned me more, if the long white braided hair reaching to the floor, or the striking silver eyes resembling much like Sky, Alex and I's wolves.
"Chase, Alex, let me introduce you to Sapphire, one of the last Pure Witches left."
"Its nice to meet you, Alpha Chase, Alpha Alex"- she said in a soft, soothing voice that made my wolf content and protected. Huh, that's weird.
She noticed my frown and smiled at me.
"I'm sorry, you must be wondering why I'm affecting you wolf in such a way."- when she saw my nod, she continued.- "See, the Pure Witches are direct descendants from the gods of every supernatural species. I am the descendant of the Goddess Luna, Mother of Wolves."
I was shocked to hear this, and by Alex' reaction when he walked over to my side, he was too. Our parents were simply smiling fondly at her, obviously already knowing this piece of information.
"But how is that even possible, if you're not a wolf yourself?"- Alex asked.
She sighed and walked over to the sofas where she took a seat and we all followed suit.
"For what the legend of the Pure Witches says, back in the Times when there was peace among the species, a prophet foretold that in the future, chaos would descend upon all of us and destroy us for the greed of a few. The prophet pleeded day and night to every God of the supernatural, begging for a solution to protect all of us, to give guidance to every species in order to find peace in that future he saw. The gods finally listened to him and decided to select a special few to work as protectors and councilors to every species. Among all species, they chose the witches to bestow these special ones, for they could adapt to every situation with their magic for every species. So they selected one with the power to protect the vampires, another the witches, another the werewolves, so on and so forth. I was selected to protect you. That is why we, Alphas, Lunas and I, have a special connection, a bond as you may call it, but much like the bond between mothers and children, rather than mates."
This was mind- boggling. Why weren't we informed of such vital information? I was beggining to get angry at the fact that the council hid such crucial information from us. If we knew of her existence beforehand, we would've been able to prevent anything from happening to Sky. I didn't realise I was shaking furiously until two hand were placed on my knees, one from Alex and one from the witch. I looked up at their concerned faces.
"I'm sorry, I just can't get over the fact that we could've prevented all of this if the council would've told us about the Pure Witches and gave us a head start."
"No one knew for sure if we existed anymore"- Sapphire said sadly.- "Some people don't want peace, and they've been hunting us down to make each species more vulnerable. Only a few of us are left, and we've been in hiding for decades. But the goddess herself came to me in my dreams and told me about your situation. I couldn't be in hiding anymore, not when my children are in danger. Not when my special Sky is in need of my help."
She was sobbing softly and I felt like if it was my own mother crying here. I brought her into my arms as she cried into my chest, Alex rubbing her back in comfort. She composed herself after a few minutes and straightened up.
"Forgive me"- she whispered, whipping the tears again.- " Its just, the goddess showed me everything that has been going on. I have known you pups since the moment you were conceived. Every memory you have, I have. That is how our connection works, I know exactly what you, and ultimately the packs, need."- she then looked at both of us in the eyes.- "The Elders are not at fault here. They were discussing the matter in hand with your parents when I walked in. They were shocked to see me, nearly imprisoned me for trespassing. But after explaining to them who I was, they all calmed down and that's how I was sent here with your parents."
"We have so many questions..."- said Alex.
"And they will all be answered, my little one."- she smiled lovingly as she placed a hand on his cheek. -" Just have a little more patience."
He smiled back and nodded.
At that moment, the witch abruptly stood up and the next moment the door opens, revealing Summer barging in and stopping suddenly, shocked at seeing so many people in the room.
"Umm..."- she mumbled awkwardly, then laughed nervously.- "Sorry about that, thought Chase was alone. Guess I was wrong, I'll come back later. Cheerio!"
Summer turned on her heels to leave but before she could do so, she was stopped.
"Wait!"- the witch said, moving closer to Summer.
The girl looked at the witch oddly, then back at us for any sort of help on what to do. Before we could say anything, Sapphire grabbed her face softly, making Summer jump and look down at the petite woman that didn't look older than her.
"I..."- the witch started, and then brought her hands down, eyes treating up.- "I'm sorry for the loss of your wolf..."
I was at loss of words. I felt numb yet devastated. If the witch said that, it could only mean one thing...
"Sapphire, can't you do anything about it?-" Alex pleaded desperately.
"I'm afraid not..."- she whispered. She looked back up in the eyes of a frozen Summer.- "Whatever they did to you, they successfully managed to detach you from your wolf. But in doing so, she was left with no energy source and she...She..."
She couldn't finish her phrase before Summer turned around and ran. Just then I noticed the figure following her close behind. Kristof. I was devastated for her, but I would let him calm her down.
Shortly after, dad took mom out of the room. She was crying for the loss as well, and needed something to calm her down.
Being confirmed that they did indeed kill Summer's wolf only brought me more on edge. I'm dreading what they might do to Sky once she's not useful to them anymore.
I collapsed on the couch and sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.
"This is really bad news"- I said.
"We need to do something quick"- Alex said, pacing back and forth.
"We need to get Sky back before they damage her anymore"- Sapphire said worriedly.
"Tonight."- I got up with a purpose.- "We attack tonight."

----------....-------------

So, this chapter is a bit longer, about time right? Hahaha
Anyway, what do you think so far? Won't be long and sky will be back with them, Yey!
But will it be all daisys and roses?
We'll soon find out!! :D