Chapter 10

"I'm sorry, mom"

Konatsu turned to look at her son who had his head down, as if he was afraid to look at her. They had returned home half an hour after Konatsu arrived at the school to pick up her son. Imagine her shock when she saw the state of it as well as the students' appearances.

She kneeled down so she was facing her son, gently, she cupped his cheeks and lifted his face up for her to see. Tears streamed down Ieyasu's cheeks, he still refused to meet her eyes, "Su, sweetie, look at me please" she asked softly.

Ieyasu slowly moved his blue eyes to met her gentle brown ones, "M-Mom..I'm sorry" he apologized again, "S-she *sob* was insulting you and *sob* lost it...she e-even *sob* insulted *sob* dad..."

Konatsu wiped his tears away and kissed him on his forehead, "You're not the one at fault, Su. The assistant principal is the one to blame, she was overstepping her boundaries as an educator or a member of the school, in my opinion she doesn't even deserve to be a teacher, let alone an assistant of the principal."

Konatsu knew how painful it is for her son whenever his dad was involved. He never met him and doesn't even know what he looked like. She couldn't even describe his appearance to her son nor tell him what his personality is since she lost her memories.

Even at a tender age of 5, Ieyasu understood all of this and so he refrained from asking about his unknown dad, but, every time they were outside, she could see the loneliness, longing, and jealously flash on those blue eyes of his whenever he sees a father and son spending time together as well as those children who have both their mother and father.

Ieyasu teared up once again and hugged his mother, "I love you, mom"

"And I love you, Su, now, how about I make you a nice cup of warm milk?" she asked, smiling brightly.

"Sí! I would like that!!" he replied with his own bright smile.

Konatsu patted her son's hair and stood up. Before she could leave to do her task, Ieyasu called her attention.

"What is it, Su?"

"U-um...about the pranks..." Ieyasu trailed off nervously.

Konatsu's eyes twinkled in amusement, "Oh, those~ You did a great job, though, some are too much, you just play it safe next time, okay?"

Actually, she wanted to scold Ieyasu for that but she also wanted him to take his mind off of the events that happened today. Besides, who is she to stop her son from getting his happiness, via, pranks? As long as its safe, she has no complaints.

Ieyasu beamed, "Understood!!" he exclaimed, saluting.

Konatsu laughed as she made her way to the kitchen.
____________________________________________________________

Giotto slammed the documents he held on the wooden table, causing the people sitting around it to flinch.

"DO YOU THINK EVERY ONE OF YOU COULD JUST DO WHAT YOU WANT BECAUSE I DON'T COME IN THE COMPANY?! ANSWER ME!!!"

The board felt cold sweats trailing down their neck, they didn't know that the CEO himself would come and present proof of their wrong doings. They thought that if the CEO was not coming in the company, he wouldn't know what they were up to.

"ARE ANY OF YOU GONNA ANSWER ME OR NOT?!"

Blazing blue eyes stared them down, freezing them in their place. He gritted his teeth as his fists clenched on the documents, "DEMANDING PAYMENTS FOR THE ORPHANAGE?! ARE ALL OF YOU INSANE?! IT IS AN ORPHANAGE!! WE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE THE ONE GIVING MONEY TO THEM, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!! THE CHILDREN WILL STARVE AND LIVE MISERABLY, HELL, THEY WOULD BE BETTER OFF ON THE STREETS THAN IN THE ORPHANAGE, AT LEAST SOME PEOPLE WOULD GIVE THEM FOOD TO EAT!!"