Chapter Five: Heart of Darkness

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I am so sorry for your loss Mrs

"I am so sorry for your loss Mrs. Blossom. Jason was a wonderful young man" I say as I see Cheryl's mother at there mansion door.
She pulls me into a hug and whisper, "If your useless father actually would do his job, then his murderer would be found" and she lets me go, I smile and grab onto Reggie's arm and we walk into the mansion.
"Reg she called my dad useless" I say
"That's what she said when she hugged you" He said
"Yup" I say, "she really scares me" and we walk towards where the rest of the 'sad breakfast club' is.
"You ok with sitting here Reggie?" I ask
"Of course" He says and rests his hand on my bare thigh.
I look to my left to see Archie walk up towards Mrs. Blossom, "I'm so sorry for your loss, Mrs. Blossom. I thought you might want to have this" and he passes her Jason's jersey
"You're so much like him" She says and then she touches his hair. weird. "Oh, I'm sorry. Thank you, Archibald" and the she head to her seat
"Did she just touch your hair?" Kev asks weirded out. not the only one brother.
"That was really sweet what you did" Betty says
"She deserves it. More than I do" Archie admits
"Days like today really put things in perspective, huh? I mean, at least we're here. At least we're alive" Ron says and then faces forward in her seat.
When everyone was seated Cheryl walks in wearing all white. The look on the Blossom parents faces. Shit is going down!
"Oh, my God" Ronnie says
"Yes" Kev says and I smack his arm
"Welcome to Thornhill." Chery begins when she reaches the podium, "Thank you all for coming. If you'll kindly take your seats. I'd like to start the memorial with a few words about Jason. The last time I saw Jason, I was wearing this dress. I know it's impossible. But I swear, when I put it on, it... It feels like he's in the room with me. Even though we were twins, I used to demand I have my own birthday party. Until one year, out of the blue, Jason convinced me we had to combine them into one. It wasn't until years later, I found out why. It was because no one wanted to come to mine. And Jason didn't want me to know. He protected me. Every single day. I wish, that day at the river, I had protected him" she pauses and just starts bawling her eyes out and turns towards the casket. "I'm so sorry, Jay-Jay. We failed you. All of us" she says and Ron goes up to her and puts a hand on her shoulder and she just hug Ronnie and cries.
"I think we'll adjourn now to the Winter Salon for a light supper" Cheryl's mother says standing up in front of us all
"well that was intense" I say.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Is it me or did the temperature just drop like it does in horror movies?" I say as I watch Betty and Jughead.
"That's just the icy chill of the dead" Jug responds, why did I agree to this!
"Where does a teenage boy hide things?" Betty asks
"Under the mattresses, maybe in the drawers, behind the headboard, in the closet" Jughead suggests
"Hello" I hear a voice behind me an I gasp turning to see a elderly woman in a wheelchair.
"Holy... I'm so sorry, we were just leaving" Betty says
"Oh. It's you. How lovely to see you again. Come closer, I wanna get a good look at you" The woman says to betty "Come closer, Polly dear"
"It's nice to you again, too" B says getting closer to her
"I'm sorry it had to be under such terrible circumstances" Grandmother Blossom says looking at Betty's hand, "Well, of course you're not wearing it. God bless"
"Wearing what?" B asks
"The ring, Polly" she answers, "That ring has been in the Blossom family for generations. You keep it close to your heart, always. But don't tell Penelope I gave it to you. Or she'll likely come and snip it off your finger!"
"I won't, I promise" Betty says
"Such a shame. Your wedding was the last thing I was living for." She says, " I lost a grandson, but you, you've lost the love of your young life. Poor child"
"Excuse me. I have to... I can't... I had to" Betty says leaving. Jughead and I follow right after her. Polly and Jason were ENGAGED!?
"There you are" I hear Reg say as I reached the bottom of the stairs
"yeah I had to use the bathroom" I say
"Ready to go?" he asks and I nod talking his hand.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So are you captain?" I ask Reggie as he walks out of Coaches office
"Yeah I am" he says hugging me and picking me up off the floor

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"So are you captain?" I ask Reggie as he walks out of Coaches office"Yeah I am" he says hugging me and picking me up o...

"This calls for a celebration" I say as I am put back on to the floor, "Milkshakes at Pop's?"
"Anywhere you are, I am there" Reg says smiling at me making my smile back at him. Gosh I am One lucky girl!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!
RiverdaleSociety on wattpad is hosting a competition for Riverdale fan-fictions. So if you enjoy my story, it would mean the world to be nominated by my lovely readers.