Chapter 37

(Sarah's POV)

  Today was the day. That was all I could think about as I walked down the halls of the castle. Today would start the balls. Tonight my father would marry Lady Weller. From there we would have five nights filled with balls. Tonight was to Lady Weller and my father's wedding. Tomorrow would be for new friends. The following night to welcoming the villagers into the castle (something that hasn't happened since my mother was well). One night for being able to marry someone we love. The last night would be for the last wedding. The wedding in which Henry and I will be bound together forever.

   I hurried into the library and shut the door behind me. My sisters were all being fitted for their dresses. Seamstresses were everywhere. All week we had been in and out of fitting. Today would be the final time other than on my wedding night.

   I was pushed to the side of the room and I quickly took the dress I had been wearing off and a new one was put on. This would be the dress I would wear during the wedding. I was a wonderful purple. It was simple and just reached the floor. The seamstresses finished fitting me for that dress and it was quickly replaced by another.

   This dress I would wear before the wedding took place. That was the plan. A small ball would be held and then the wedding would happen after. This dress was a rose color and had a clear fabric covering it. This fabric had small lavender colored flowers no bigger than the tip of my pinky.

   The other dresses that followed were beautiful but were nothing compared to the one I was supposed to wear before my wedding. It was a silver blue color. It clung to my every curve and was stunning. It reached the floor and had long sleeves that were made of a light blue fabric that was almost completely transparent. The same fabric covered the dress from the top of the bodice to my waist and it then split in two in the front, still covering the back as one. The split in the front aloud the silk fabric to be shown better.

   My wedding dress I would finish getting fitted for on the day of the special event. Now I had to make sure the food was ready and that the flower and lighting arrangements were set. The seamstresses assured me that my dresses for later would be brought to my chambers.

   I left and headed for the kitchen. All the cooks were running about to get every thing prepared and I knew I could trust the head cook and didn't bother searching for her but instead went to find the gardener.

   I found him directing people outside the ball room. I waited until he was done talking to people before approaching him. "Is everything ready for tonight?"

   "Yes Princess. As you wished Tulips have been planted out front leading to the castle doors. A pathway has been made out of lilies on either side and tiger lily petals to the garden for more dancing space. Orchids guide the way to the ball room and inside the room is a grand center piece made of all the flowers I have listed and the other you requested, in the center of the room," the gardener informed me.

   "Good. And what of the lighting?" I asked.

   "Lanterns are to be hung in the trees out in the garden."

   "Very good."

  I left the gardener and walked to my chambers. When I entered I found Henry sitting on the sofa reading a book. He had left earlier to go check on things. At my entrance he looked up. "Almost time already?"

   "Yes. That means you must be leaving. I called for Ann and April."

   "Why must I leave?"

  "You know why."

   "Fine," he stood up and kissed me before leaving.

   My ladies arrived shortly after and got a bath set up with lavender scented oil in the water.