The Storm

Instead of staying just the week like we had in mind we stayed ten days. On the tenth day we cleaned up and returned to the yatch before we headed up through the northern Atlantic. I was now considered to be in the beginning of my fifth month of pregnancy.

By the middle of week seven we were nearing Iceland. Since we left ten days later than we had planned we had no time to stop and explore. Next was the United Kingdom. We had planned to stay here for at least two weeks but the Captain called and rushed us back on day three because of the storm.

If we didn't get ahead of it we would be stuck waiting for the storm to pass, which he said would possibly put us behind by several weeks.

"Renesmee," Nic kissed my cheek as I opened my eyes. His hand was resting on my baby bump and he was smiling at me. "I felt a kick. The baby kicked again."

I immeadiately brought my hands to my stomach to feel, but I felt nothing. I frowned as I began rubbing my stomach. This happened every time. He would feel our child kick but I would always miss it. I always felt the movements in my stomach but I never manage to catch the kick with my hand. To feel the movement beneath my fingertips.

"I swear, our child is playing games with me." I sighed. "Just once I wish I could feel them like you do."

He grazed the back of his hand along my cheek, stopping to brush his thumb along my bottom lip. "One day. One day, Renesmee, you will feel it and it will be one of the most magical things you will ever experience."

"Yeah?"

He disappeared under the blankets and then I felt his lips on my stomach. After several luscious kisses he stopped suddenly and snatched my hand. In one swift movement he pressed my hand to my stomach and held it there. I was confused about his actions until I felt it.

Bump. Bump.... .... Bump. Bump.

"Oh my goodness! Nic, I feel them!" My voice rose several octaves. I felt a few more kicks that brought tears to my eyes. "My precious baby." I cooed.

"I love you both so much!" Nic said as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Did you hear that, baby, you are so loved."

Nic rose to his feet and brought me to mine. Once he was dressed he helped me into my clothes and then we made our way to the kitchen. It was breakfast and I had to eat a proper diet in order to stay healthy. Part of my diet consisted of blood, which I wasn't getting enough of, since the only blood I could get was bags from the blood bank that Nic managed to steal while we were in the UK.

I had to portion that out properly to make it last until we made it to our next destination. Australia. But that wouldn't be for at least another couple weeks, if the weather stayed decent.

"Breakfast." The butler said as he set the cart with breakfast foods.

"That smells good, Marshall." I grinned as I set the orange juice onto the cart for him.

"Thank you Mrs. Cromwell." He smiled before pushing the cart into the dining room.

Nic and I made our way into the dining room and took a seat around the table. I pulled a plate to myself and began filling it up with hashbrowns, eggs, bacon, sausage, eclairs, toast and pancakes. Being pregnant increased my appetite and changed it as well. Now there were foods that I had once despised that I now enjoyed eating.

"Almond milk, love?" Nic asked me as he raised the pitcher.

I held out my glass and he filled it. I immeadiately brought the glass up to my lips and drained it before turning back to my plate.