Chapter 10

Chapter 10- Wow

Clary's pov-

I woke up in my bed with Brody next to me. I shot up wondering how I got here. Then I remembered the beach with Jace and realized he must of brought me back here.

I smiled at the thought of last night. I really miss being in his arms.

I nudged Brody to wake him up when I remembered what we had planned today. "Brody wake up." I said multiple times. I finally got sick of it and just elbowed him in the side.

"Owww, geez what was that for?!" He asked accusingly. "You wouldn't wake up so I elbowed you." I said happily before jumping in the shower.

Today was going to be a fun day! Izzy had planned an outing for the bridal party to relieve some stress from getting ready for the big day.

Right now, we are ten days away from the big day and the closer we get the more excited the happy couple gets. Izzy won't stop talking about how excited for the honeymoon she is. They are going to the Bahamas for two weeks. I'm sure they'll have lots of fun.

Speaking of fun, today the adventure that Izzy planned is Zip-lining! We are going on this course that takes you over a beautiful scenic forest. The course is 45 minutes one way then when everyone gets to the other side, we go back the other way. The place is about 30 minutes from our hotel.

Once I was dressed and ready, Brody walked me down to the lobby. When we got there I saw Jace and Jenna talking. I made sure to raise my voice while talking to Brody.

"I feel bad for leaving you here babe. Are you sure you don't mind?" I put my hands on his chest and looked up at him with a pout. He caught on to what I was trying to do and smirked a little.

He leaned down and pecked my lips as his hands went around my waist. He pulled my hips closer to him. "Don't worry about me, we'll just make up for lost time when you get back." He said with a wink.

I kissed him goodbye before turning around looking Jace -who had clearly pulled Jenna closer to him- right in the eye as I walked outside.

We all loaded into the van and I sat with Aline and Becky. We talked about Becky's schooling and her boyfriend who I've yet to meet. Then we talked about Aline's plans for after college. Apparently she was planning to open her own veterinarian clinic. We also talked about Jon who was supposed to be coming in 5 days!

"Jon's coming home?" Jace's head snapped back towards us at this news. I giggled at his wide eyes and nodded. He gave us a big happy smile before turning back around.

When we finally reached the facility, we all climbed out of the van and went in.

They went over safety and harnessed us up. Simon went first, then Izzy, Me, Jace, Aline, Caleb and Eric (Simon's friends from college/groomsmen) then Becky last since she was a little scared.

They spaced us out so I couldn't see anyone around me. It was so peaceful. You could hear the birds chirping and the sound of waterfalls. I looked down and all around me was tall green trees, and colorful birds flying. to my right, I could see a huge waterfall with water that looked white from here.

The view continued the whole time I was up their. To soon, I saw the landing tower in the distance. I braced myself how they taught and landed.

About five minutes later, Jace landed, then Aline, Caleb, Eric, then Becky. We turned around and this time went in the opposite order.

When we got to the beginning again, everyone said they loved it. If I had the chance, I would do this a million times over. It was beautiful and peaceful and scenic. I loved it too.

We headed back to the hotel after everyone had all of the gear off. My mom and Maryse were flying in today so Izzy and I were going to pick them up today.

After a short resting time at the hotel that I spent with Brody, Izzy and I left for the airport. When we found our moms we all exchanged hugs, "Hey mom, I missed you." I said to her. "Maryse, I missed you too." I said to Maryse when I hugged her.

We went to this cute little pizza place to catch up on the things they have missed.

"So...how have things been with Jace?" Mom asked carefully. Izzy giggled as I let out sigh. "Yeah! What is everything that you two have been through these past few days?" Izzy asks. She knows most of it but not all of it.

"Well let's see, we had a really awkward conversation. I saw him kissing Jenna and cried about it. We exchanged compliments at the dress fitting. We talked about the breakup. When I was drunk and he was taking me back to the hotel, I told him I loved him. Then later that night when he thought I was asleep, he told me he loved me too. We danced together. We got locked in a closet and almost kissed. We pretended to be engaged to sample cake and had a cake fight. We went to the beach and cuddled and that's about it." I said.

When I looked at them, they had wide eyes and were just staring at me. "Wow" my mom said. "Wow" Maryse said. "Double wow, I knew about some of it but you didn't tell me all of that!" Izzy said.

"I know, him and I, we're all over the place." I replied resting my head down on the table.

We talked and finished our meals before heading back to the hotel. I just hope none of them talk to Jace about any of this. That's the last thing I need.

------

Bye Angels,
😘😘