9: Heat and Stuttering

*Draya

The car was silent as Brian drove. I looked out the window, watching the middle class neighborhood I lived in, now disappearing as we passed bigger and better built houses. I stole a look at Brian. It seemed like Michael Angelo himself had spent years carving his face. He was absolutely beautiful. His sexy-ass blonde hair--and ohh, not forgetting those blue eyes.

"You know if you wanted a picture you could just ask." A playful smirk appeared on his lips and he took a few seconds to look at me.

"Boy please, a garbage truck is more sexier than you." I snapped. I rolled my eyes and turned up the volume on the radio.

Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me. But bear this mine it was meant to be. And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheek, and it all makes sense to me.
I know you've never loved, the crinkles by your eyes.
When you smile you've never loved, your stomach or thighs. The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine,
But I'll love them endlessly!

I closed my eyes, drowning into Liam's words. I hummed the song under my breath. When I returned back to reality, Brian was singing along to Harry Styles solo. His fingers drummed on the steering wheel and his low raspy voice filled the car. As he sang each lyric with care, I stared at him--mouth open in shock.

"OMG Brian! I never knew you could sing, or that you listened to One Direction?" I questioned Brian and turned down the radio.

His cheeks turned rosy red and he chuckled slightly.

"Yea I listen to them. They actually have some pretty good songs. Plus Zayn's hair is to amazing not to copy." he said, saying the last few words in a girly voice.

I lightly slapped him on his arm and stared back at him.

"No joke Brian, your voice is beautiful. It's nice and kinda sweet to know now that all boys are ignorant and think that boy bands are gay. Plus it's not like I'm ever going to black mail you in the future and tell everyone at school that you listen to One Direction."

"Na ma, you better stop there. I will handcuff you to a bed..."

My face grew firetruck red and I turned my head towards the window so Brian wouldn't notice.

"Hmmm Dray, I wasn't thinking like that. But you know what they say: the quitest ones are always the freakiest ones," Brian said jokingly.

After I punched him in the arm and he was finish pretending that my hit actually hurt him, we pulled up to a huge house. Ear deafening Talk Dirty to Me by Jason Durelo pounding in my ear, came from the house. There were cars everywhere and it was suprising that no neighbors had already called the police about the about the loud music.

"We're here." Brian took the keys out of the ignition and got out of the car. He walked over to my side and opened my door.

I tried to quickly touch up my lipgloss that was still shiny.

"Relax babes, you look beautiful ."

It seemed like there a thousand bombs going off in my stomach. The way the word babe rolled off his tounge was too much. But he proably called other girls babes too. It was just a pet name, I tried to convince myself.

When I stepped out of the car, I self-consciously pulled down my mini skirt. Brian stared at me with a blank expression. We crossed the street and walked to the house.

There were people everywhere. In one corner, there were two people eating each others faces and there were others who were drinking or just taking. I heard a few whistles and I stared at the ground. I felt something strong and soft grab my hand. I looked down and saw Brian's hand.