Chapter 6

Chapter 6- Let's Dance

Clary's pov-

I woke up in a room I didn't recognize but a familiar scent wrapped around me as five words floated around in my head.

'I love you too Clary'

I shot up in the bed as all last night's events came back to me.

Jace said he loves me, after I told him that I love him...oh my gosh.

Once I came out of my thoughts, I was hit with a pounding headache. I squinted my eyes and looked around. I noticed a glass of water and two Advil on the nightstand. I took the pills and got up to find my shoes. I glanced at the clock on the night stand and saw the time was 9:30. Everyone must be at breakfast.

I quickly went down the hall to Izzy's room. Since we were all staying in suites we were all on the same floor.

I knocked on Izzy's door frantically hoping she was in here and not down with everyone else...including Jace.

The door opened revealing Izzy in her robe clearly half way through getting ready. She left the door open for me and went back to her vanity. I walked in, closed the door, and flopped down onto the bed behind her.

She giggled at me. "Awe hun, what happened to you?" She asked me. I let out a loud huff. "Let me guess...Jace?" She said. "Last night while he was taking me home, I told him that I still love him-" "Which is the truth." She interjected.

"As I was saying, when I was in bed and he thought I was sleeping, he came over and told me that he loves me too and then I fell asleep." I finished with a sigh.

She gave me sad smirk "Now you don't know what to do because he is still with Jenna, and you're still with Brody although your not actually with Brody." She said finishing my story for me. "Yep." I replied sadly.

"Well babe, there's nothing you can do if he's happy with Jenna, you have to let him come to you." She said to me sympathetically. "You're right." I nodded.

"Well for now, we have dance lessons today so go shower, get dressed in workout clothes, throw your hair up, and meet us in the lobby at 11:00, ok?" She said. I nodded and left.

As I was walking to my room, I looked up and saw Jace looking right at me. My eyes widened and I gave him a tight lipped smile. I quickly went into my room and saw Brody sitting on the bed on his phone.

"Hey princess, what happened to you?" He asked with a smirk. "Haha, funny, now I need to go shower, I have dance lessons today." I glared at him playfully before I jumped in the shower. When I got out I through on some leggings and a tank top and my nikes. I put my hair up in a messy bun and headed down to the lobby.

Brody said He and Jenna were going down to the pool so at least I know I don't have to deal with her.

When I got down to the lobby, Izzy pulled me away so I wouldn't have to talk awkwardly with Jace. That's what best friends are for.

We loaded up into the van and headed towards the dance studio. I sat next to Jace in the van and I could feel his eyes on me the whole ride. I could tell he wanted to say something.

When we arrived at the studio, they had us sign in before we all went into our private lesson. The instructors were really sweet. The lady was a really nice, older woman named Linda and the man was someone about the same age as her named Antonio. They were so sweet and they were a very cute couple.

They went over the footwork step by step and once the finished they had us break into partners. Unfortunately this meant I wouldn't be able to escape Jace.

He came over to me and grabbed my hand in the appropriate position with his other hand on my waist. "You've been avoiding me." He said with an obvious tone. "No I haven't been. I've just been really tired from last night. Antisocial, you know?" He laughed at me and nodded.

"I never got the chance to thank you for bringing me home last night." He froze a little at the mention of last night as we danced around. "Do you remember anything?" He asked hesitantly. "No nothing past you carrying me out of the club." I lied. He nodded as a look of relief washed across his features, as well as...disappointment.

He spun me out quickly before spinning me back into his chest. I gasped as my hand went onto his chest from the sudden pull. I looked up at his eyes and we stood there for a beat. I laughed at this and so much more throughout the lesson.

"I didn't know you could dance that well. The only way we slow danced at prom was basically rocking back and forth." He nodded with a smile. "I guess I just picked it up somewhere." I laughed along with him but was still a little saddened as I remember the memories from prom.

We made our way back to the hotel and soon enough...the unbelievable happened.

------

Bye Angels,
😘😘