dwight ➳ flesh

dwight shook his head, standing in the forests outside the sanctuary, the trees acting as a shade and a cover from the beating sun and the rest of the world

dwight shook his head, standing in the forests outside the sanctuary, the trees acting as a shade and a cover from the beating sun and the rest of the world. he always walked around confidently, high up in the saviours, close to negan and a sign to everybody else not to go against the rules and the order where negan remained on top. however, around you some of that confidence faded away.

he looked past you, trying to hide it slightly. pieces of blonde hair falling into his face and his eyes wide as he shook his head.

"if you got his attention, you could marry him and be safe."

you shook your head simply, not willing to go against the wishes of your heart for luxury. also, despite being a saviour, you were well aware that negan was a horrible person.

"you can do better than me...you deserve better than me."

his voice was low and had a tinge of insecurity, hidden behind a slight harshness. it was obvious that he hated the flesh on his face, burnt and scarred from his past risky behaviour. any confidence that he would have had from before would have been stripped away because of that furnace and you hated it whenever that you could see that in him, when he wasn't acting like negan's right hand man. you reached up your hand and placed it onto his burnt cheek, the softness of your skin contrasting to the roughness of his.

"i don't want better than you."