||01||

(Aagney's POV)

Right now, I am somewhere in the outskirts of manali in a bus riding the bumpy road... caressing the cold winds.

The local singers riding atop the jitney are singing a folk song. I join them with my own rap version. When we finish, I hear someone addressing me.

"Okay...That was good man. " She speaks and I smirk at her. And just as am about to reply with a witty comment...

"And don't even say anything to brag about your skills." She says as she bumps my shoulder. Ouch. She knows how to hit. And that my friends, is my annoying yet lovable cousin Amaya. Btw don't tell her I called her lovable.

"Yeah, yeah. So tell me Amy, are you excited to return to your hometown?"

She smiled with a distant look on her face as if remembering those childhood memories and reliving them again.

"Yes. I am excited actually, especially to meet Granny. Are you excited?" she asked.

"Just a little...maybe." I shrugged in reply.

The bus stopped then, just outside the lane of our house. We both said goodbye to our fellow passengers and got off the bus.

We strode across the lane dragging our luggage behind us.

"God, I'm so tired!" Amaya said in between her panting.

"How can you be out of breath after walking merely a few steps?" I asked her amused.

"Am not unfit if that's what you're implying Aagney dear." She humphed.

I raise my hands or rather a hand which was free of luggage. "Hey, am not implying anything."

"Your smirk speaks otherwise."

We reached the entrance and lo and behold!

There stood everyone with big smiles on their face and garlands in hand, to greet us as if we had just returned from a battle.

"Did we return from a war or what?" Amaya speaks my thoughts.

"Exactly what I was wondering." I replied.

After the greeting and hugging was finally over, I retired to my room, showered and changed into sweatpants and a t-shirt, thinking I'll unpack later...and rested on my warm bed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I was passing through the corridors of a palace perusing through the variety of artifacts and weapons displayed there.

I saw a really huge mahogany door with baroque designs carved on it. I felt something then...some kind of power drawing me towards it and it was as if couldn't resist it so I started walking towards it.

Surprisingly, when I neared the Brobdingnagian door, I noticed that it didn't have any kind of handle or latch onto it. There was a weird yet interesting picture of a fire breathing dragon with a rider atop it, carved in the centre. Dazzled, I traced the outline of the figure and I don't know why, but I pressed it gently and surprisingly, the door slid open.

There, in the centre of the room, lay a vase about half my height. It seemed surrounded by a gilt aureole.

I was really enticed by it. I opened the lid on the vase and looked in and suddenly flames of fire burst out of it and I felt as if my entire body was ablaze. Somehow, I felt queer and powerful. There was a huge mirror behind the vase. I perceived my reflection and saw that there was nothing but fire on me...no skin, no clothes...nothing! I looked like a body made of fire. And when I looked in my fiery eyes, abruptly, the whole room blazed in a spasm of flames.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: First chapter's uploaded! :)
Tell me what you guys think about it. Criticism is appreciated.
.
If you want some extra information, 'Aagney' is actually a Sanskrit word which means son of the fire god. And guess what? Yeah, right. His element is going to be fire. 

Btw, thanks for sparing your time and giving this story a go. 
Love, H.

P.S. In the picture a rough sketch of how I imagine the vase to be.
P.P.S. Tell me if you guys would love to see more sketches related to this book.