Chapter 4

"How dare you imbecile peasant girl!" The king stopped walking in circles and headed towards her, angered, with the evident intention of slapping her but she dodged his hand effortlessly, and then grabbed him by his thick arm, with fury in her eyes

"How dare you imbecile peasant girl!" The king stopped walking in circles and headed towards her, angered, with the evident intention of slapping her but she dodged his hand effortlessly, and then grabbed him by his thick arm, with fury in her eyes. Tereus laughed once again, unable to take her seriously.

"I demand a proper fight." Luna spat, finally letting go of his arm. His guards were ready to get in the middle of the scene but the king dismissed him with his hand gesture. They left, as his wicked ruler requested.

"Very well..." King Tereus cleared his throat and smiled viciously. "Take down fifty of my best soldiers with nothing but your sword. Give me each and every single one of their heads, you claim to be brutal? Prove yourself."

"Consider the task done." She said with no hesitation, and evident pride.

"Follow me." He guided the young maiden to his immense green fields and gathered fifty of his biggest and most experienced soldiers, convinced that she had no chance to win the battle and would be dead in a matter of minutes. The height difference between his men and Luna was evident. The amazon had the height of an average woman and a slim figure, certainly did not have the appeal of a fighter.

Oh, what a mistake it is to judge the ferocity and heart of a woman by her looks!

All of the soldiers wore fine armor to protect themselves during the battle, on the other hand, the maiden wore her long white tunic, something completely inappropriate to move in a battlefield. Her long dark hair danced gracefully with the wild wind, and her sword remained by her side. No shield, no other weapon, just her sword and nothing more to defend herself.

Tereus sat unbothered, ready for the spectacle. His closest servants remained by his sides, fetching him grapes and all sorts of fruits. Not just his servants, but the royal family and the man that he trusted the most, general Perseus.

"Now!" He finally spoke up and it all began. The massive soldiers ran rapidly towards the woman, like a stampede of angry bulls. Luna managed to cut the head of any men who dared to get close to her, and pulled on a proper fight, leaving the royal witnesses speechless. It took her time, but she eventually completed her task. Fifty heads laid on the ground apart from their corpses. The once green field, was now completely bathed with red. Her white tunic and her pale face, fully covered with the blood of his belated enemies. But not a single scratch on her skin. Impressively unharmed.

The amazon finally walked up to where the king was sitting accompanied by nobles and servants and dropped her bloody sword in front of him, the wind kept dancing with her dark locks while she smiled proud of her latest deed.

Perseus stood up and clapped, her skills during battle were impressive and captured Zeus's son's attention. Bewitched not just by her ways of flawlessly handling a sword, but by her beauty as well. The young general fell spellbound at the sight of her blood-covered angelical face.

Perseus was a well-known warrior himself. Tales about his greatness were often spread all over the place. After all, he was the legendary warrior who managed to not just only defeat Medusa, but cut off her head and hand it as a present to someone. A man hard to impress. He had never seen a woman with such tenacity and determination.

"Guards" Tereus finally spoke up breaking the silence and bringing Perseus back to his senses. "Take this morbid killer to the dungeons!"

Luna's smile quickly disappeared. The king's soldiers obeyed and got closer to the amazon with the intention to do as he wished.

"Tereus I completed the task!" Luna yelled as two soldiers with shining armor who were twice her size tried to grab her by the arms. "I demand justice! You lying pig!" She spat on his face. Perseus stared at the scene while standing right beside of his king, he did not say a single word.

Of course, she would not just go to the dungeons without trying fight her way out of it. At the very start of her —not so peaceful— protest, Luna took down five guards with her bare fists and nothing more. It was all under control until one of them appeared from behind, completely taking her by surprise and hit her on the head with a thick piece of wood, as hard as he could with the intention to knock the threat down.

Her sight became blurry and in a matter of seconds she was completely out of her senses. Last thing the ferocious lady fell to the ground unconscious.