Of Course

I woke up in my room. I didn't remember how I got there. I brushed a hand through as I sat up.

"You okay?" Grant asked. He was sitting by me.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Did the exercise work?" He questioned.

"I-I-I-I don't know." I stuttered. From what happened yesterday, I only got a voice, no face, no nothing. I only remembered his accent. It wasn't something I was going to forget. "Come on." I walked out to the living room where everyone else was.

"Danielle? Do you remember anything from yesterday?" Fury asked. I shook my head. "Thor? We lost track of Loki a few days ago. Where is he?"

"I will check in with Heimdall." The accent. I took a step back, away from the very muscular god.

"Dani?" Grant looked at me.

"T-t-t-that v-v-v-voice. T-t-t-that a-a-a-accent." I stuttered, holding on to the doorframe to the hallway for support.

"Lady Danielle? Why are you afraid of me?" Thor asked.

"Your accent." I barely whispered. He looked at Fury.

"Loki was the one to take you?" Fury rubbed between her eyes.

"I don't know. I didn't see a face." I shook my head.

"Loki would never do anything like this to anyone. Even with everything that has happened, Loki is not this evil." Thor shook his head.

"That was the work of more than one person." Phil nodded.

"I'm willing to do the exercise again." I looked at Fury.

"Danielle. It could cause damage to you more than it already has." Dad walked over to me with mom.

"I'll be fine." I shook my head.

"Okay. Come on then." Fury led the way to the elevator. I looked at mom and dad.

"Stay here." I hugged both of them.

"Baby. We want to see you, to make sure you're okay." Mom kissed the top of my head.

"Grant and Phil will make sure I'm okay." I held Grant's hand.

"You'll make sure she's okay?" Dad looked at Grant with his now stern, caramel brown eyes.

"Of course, sir." Grant nodded. "Come on." Phil, Grant, Fury, and I went to the base.