Echoes Down The Corridor

A/N 1: My first Wattpad story! Based on a daydream whilst studying "The Crucible" and a running joke between my friends. The story is complete fiction (I'm NOT dating my English teacher!!!), however some events are based on real life...I'll update as often as I can - enjoy and please review ;)

DISCLAIMER: I don't own The Crucible, belongs to Arthur Miller. All references are to aid the story - no infringement intended

There it is. Like a lighthouse to a wandering ship, the small beacon pours through my vision and drains all thought from my mind. Alas, it is an imposter, but the desire fuelled by my imagination occupies my mind and leaves me hanging. Everything else swept aside, it takes a tap on my shoulder to pull me from my thoughts. Suddenly, as the ping of a light bulb, the culmination of all my imaginings is tangible. Only I feel any significance for its presence. A raised eyebrow to my left, a smirk to my right - the joy that pours into my being as she calls us in is only known unto me.

The lesson progresses, leaving me behind in the wilderness of my imagination. Words escape her soft lips like butterflies; try as I might to catch them, they float away to their own happy ending with a swish of her long, blonde hair. This woman gives no extravagance, for none is needed - I am captivated simply with the memory of her. Her gentle laugh. Her warm smile. The deep honey tones of her voice, skilfully swirled into her rough, northern dialect drip from her mouth with each syllable she utters. Every inch of her inspected, memorized and fantasized in vivid detail. The longing, the sleepless nights, the overwhelming desire pulsating through my body is enough to send me to the stars.

The object in question? A red rucksack.

It's owner? I'll leave that up to you...

A/N 2: The first couple of chapters are kinda dream-like and a little cheesy, but the story will develop as the chapter's progress :)