Epilogue

It's been years.
How many....too many, since we lost her that horrible night. The melody still haunting me every time I close my eyes. My baby girl being ripped away from me in the middle of the night without a trace. 
The pack has been out for hours on end trying to find her, trying to bring her back home. I knew they chose to throw in the towel, but they held hope for Nate and I. I would have to be the barer of bad news in telling him to quit the search, but I couldn't bare it...not yet...not now. 

Nate wanted to get away from our home, he wanted to get away from all the memories that killed him most. His old house burnt down to ashes and replaced with an orphanage for those pups who didn't have a family. Nicole was the keeper, it made her happy to take care of them and give them a loving home they needed, they were like her own children. 

We had to start out lives over again, the bitter feeling of pain still managed to creep its way back to us at every moment we thought of Silvia. 
Even through our pain we managed to get married, it was a beautiful day and a perfect distraction before returning on our search.  Nate refused to sleep some nights, I could see the change in his features from his lack of sleep, he was getting thinner. 

I would come up to him when he paused to rub his eyes after focusing for hours. The dark circles forming once again under his golden gaze. "Nate.." 

"We will find her...I'm so close..." He croaked out as he slumped back in his seat, his arm resting over his eyes. 

I gave him a weary smile, hiding my concern for him behind it as I hugged him. I stayed with him for a little bit knowing he needed it so before I left him to keep working. Sometimes he never came out of that room till the next morning. 
I closed the door softly after leaving the room and was stopped by a little  girl looking up at me with a gentle frown. Her bright eyes seeping into mine, they were so rare. One bright blue like the sky on a sunny day with no clouds, the other a soft purple like lavender. Her hair platinum blonde and reached the middle of her back in sweet waves. "Sabina?" 

"Mommy? Who's daddy looking for?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue in book two: Tameless.....coming soon