26 - Sister Complex / 27 - Impending War / 28 - That Looks Familiar...

Chapter 26 - Sister Complex

Xyder Zephyr - POV;

I sat on the back porch staring lazily at the rising sun. I had begun to contemplate on everything thus far which led up to that decisive moment two weeks ago. It was then that I finally completed my mission and goal for the past six years; I had reclaimed my place as the heir to the Regulus name.

Since then my time had been spent mostly on political matters whereby I had been officially named the inheritor of my grandfather's crown. I had no free moment to spend on myself or any of my allies whom had put ao much on the line for me in the last few weeks and even years in some cases.

"Hey bro, what's up?" Storm greeted as he plopped down beside me.

"Things have been hectic to say the least. Every where I turn I feel like there is a new meeting or legal bullshit I must attend to. It hasn't been the easiest time for a lazy procrastinator like myself," I murmured.

"I feel like it's been some time since I've had the spotlight at your side too. Infront of Dagan and the other Epitomes, I feel like a nobody," Storm admitted.

"Aww don't say that," I slapped him on the back, "You are still one of my first friends and the longest to stick with me! When I take over I'll give you a high paying position so that you may treat your wife nicely!"

"Heh. I find it funny that you are talking about me treating my future wife nicely when you have ignored yours for the past few weeks," Storm grinned pointing behind me.

I turned around to see Cheryl glaring at me angrily with her arms crossed and an admittedly cute pout. I swallowed and looked back to Storm only to realise that the bastard had hightailed it out of the area. A small note on his seat stated, 'Don't wanna be too close when the fireworks explode! Good luck!'

"Damn you, you sly bastard," I cursed under my breath.

"XYDER ZEPHYR!" Cheryl shouted as she grabbed me by the collar, "I have been trying to contact you for the past fifteen days! Why have you not returned my calls?!"

"Y-you see there was-" I stuttered.

"Don't give me that crap!" she interrupted, "It's another girl isn't it?! You already had someone before you came back to the Estates, am I right?! After you said all those things to your Uncle about us, you were playing me all this time weren't you?! I waited all these years for you but you just went ahead and forgot our promise just like that..... I mean nothing to you right? I'm just another toy for you to play around with........."

Tears began to roll down the girl's face and she sniffled loudly.

"Hey, hey. Where is all of this coming from? You know I wouldn't ever do something like that," I told her calmly and tried to pat her head. She pushed my arm away and stood wiping her eyes for a minute. Suddenly she grabbed me in a hug, leaving me stunned for a moment. Slowly I wrapped my arms around her small body. We remained locked together in silence until I could take the awkwardness no longer and broke the quiet with the first thing that came to my head, "Hey, is it just me or did your bust size increase since we last met?"

..................................

What the hell was I saying?!!

I braced myself to get my ears torn off by Cheryl in her anger but instead the unexpected happened. Cheryl started to giggle to herself before breaking out in a loud laughter.

She wiped her eye and looked up at me saying, "You really are innocent at heart. But you're a giant idiot you know that?"

"Y-yeah. I guess I am," I said as I looked away embarrassed.