Chapter 1-Confrentation

NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT INTENDED. I MEARLY CREATE THE STORYLINE SITUATION, NOT THE CHARACTERS THEMESELVES. THEY DO NOT BELONG TO ME.  (Just thought this might be important to add :)

Dedicated to Animelover209 'cause she inspired the story with a photo :D

TOPH P.O.V.

     The sun beat agianst my face in waves. I stood up, letting the sand roll off of me and I realised something was wrong. It was quiet.

     "Aang?...Sokka?... Katara?! Where is everybody?!"

     I get on my knees quickly and place my hand under the sand. It's only slightly cooler than the top, but I can't locate anyone nearby.

     "Stupid sand... now how am I supposed to teach Aang how to earthbend, if he isn't even here! Why the heck am I even alone! I can't believe those guys ditched me! Well... I was kinda mean.... but even so, I'm blind!! Ugh! I'm going to die out here!"

     Toph begins to harden the ground all around her letting out her anger, but all that moved were the blankets. Toph uses sand to cover herself at night, so any noise from last night would have been silenced. Despite that, Toph knows something must have gone wrong last night. There's the smell of burning wood in the air.

     "The fire nation..."

     Having only just entered the desert recently, Toph recalls their encounter with Azula.

     Maybe she had been trailing us the whole time we've been out here, waiting to strike...

     On alert Toph knew she had to start moving and hoped to find some sort of shelter, village or even a caravan. She starts her journey across the desert, feeling the sand below herself every few yards to make sure she doesn't fall off a cliff.

     "With my luck this morning," she sighed," A shark will come by and eat me before the sun burns me to a crisp..."

GAARA P.O.V.

      Gaara and his team  are returning after a schedualed patrol around the Sand nations borders, including his siblings Tamari and Kankuro. Their Sensei, Baki, is leading the team back towards home. Garra is unintrested, but something in the sand up ahead snaps him out of his day dreaming. Someone, not very far, seems to be shifting the sand, but he couldn't sense any chakra.

      "There is someone up ahead..." he whispers.

The squad leader stops and looks around.

     "What do you mean Garra?," He questions in disbelief," No one's out there."

     Rage surged through Garra.  Of course they don't believe me... they never believe me.... Why doesn't anyone trust me!

     Kankuro could tell his younger brother was having difficulty explaining, so he convinces his captian to cut their trip short and check out up ahead.

     "I believe Garra when he says someones out there. Heck, maybe the person is even skilled enough to hide their chakra from you, Baki-sensei."

     Baki was quiet for a moment, then spoke up, "All right team. Lets see whose out there." Gaara looked up in suprise as the team moved towards the intruder.

     Thank you Kankuro...

     As the team moved closer to the intruder, Baki stops them.    

     "Alright team, stay back. Kankuro, send Ant out with me. Tamari, gaurd Kankuro. Gaara, be ready to move your sand in case I need back back up." Baki-sensei turned to look them all in the eye."Not that I'll need it."