The Sealing of Fate

Start from the beginning

I smile nervously as she looks over Jasmine and I, "Going somewhere?" She questions.

"Mom, I forgot to mention, Jasmine and I got invited to a party."

"Is that so." She crosses her arms over her chest. 

Jasmine moves a little closer from behind me, "Your mom is scary." She whispers to me.

I look over my shoulder and give her a look of knowing, "You're telling me."

"Athena." My mom calls with force.

"Yes ma'am." I jump at her tone.

"I have half a mind to not let you leave out of this house."

Groaning I come down the rest of the stairs, "But mamma."

She shakes her head not giving my pouty lip and puppy dog eyes a second glance, "No buts Athena."

"Okay, I'm sorry for not telling you but I'll give you the address and I'll call you every ten minutes, please this is my chance at making friends."

Playing the moving card should do the trick, knowing I'm a middle of the year transfer it's hard being the new girl.

Just as she looks she is about to give in she speaks with a pointed finger in my direction, "No drinking, no drugs, and you have to update me if you move from your location."

"Yay, thanks, mom." I come forwards and hug her before calling Jasmine over.

"I'll be safe, I promise." Opening the front door I push Jasmine out first before kissing my mom on the cheek.

"Bye, mom."

"Bye, use protection!" She shouts from behind me.

Jasmine laughs at my embarrassment, "Your mom is hilarious."

"Oh hush."
~~~

"Make one more right and we'll be here." Jasmine directs me.

The drive to Mia's house is in the direct opposite direction of mine, and but one thing remains similar. Trees, nothing but the earth around us, as I continue to drive down a dirt road I realize we're on the property.

"Does Mia's parents own all this land?" I question feeling a strange feeling settle within me.

Jasmine hums to a song on the radio before answering me, "In a way, more than one family lives on this land." She informs me.

Frowning I try to recall a time I've heard anything like this, more than one family living together like a community.

"Like an apartment complex."

Jasmine snaps her fingers, "Exactly like that!" She praises me.

I hum in response before a medium-size house comes into view, outside litter teenagers socializing while sipping on who knows what.

"Nothing like a house full of hormonal dogs," Jasmine mumbles under her breath as she takes in the view of the house party in front of her.

As I try to take in the scene before me I focus on parking the car. I've been to a couple of parties in my high school experience and every time it took more than a few minutes to find a parking spot.

This case is an unusual one, there seem to be no cars around unless I count the one in the driveway of Mia's house.

Shaking my head at my observation I park the car quickly before shutting off the engine.

Looking over to Jasmine I see she has not taken her eyes off the house, "Hey, you're good right?" I question.

Jas gives me a small nod, "Yeah, I'm ready," She smiles nervously.