FOURTEEN

♑️
"Hello there." I said.

"Hi Capricorn," Mom said. "the guards came here to see if you know anything about what happened to Libra."

"What happened to her?" I ask.

"That's the issue. We don't know. She just disappeared." My dad chimed in.

"Yes, yes, so will you let us ask the questions please?" One guard asked my parents.

"Yes, you may proceed." Mom said.

"Okay, we have been sent to ask every prince and princess if they know what happened to princess Libra." The guard continued.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know Libra personally." I replied.

"I see that, but we are wondering if you've heard anything about her disappearance."

"No I haven't. Not until now."

"Okay, well thank you for your time." Said the second guard who hadn't said a thing the entire time. "If you hear anything, tell someone immediately."

With that they said good bye to my parents and left.

"Mom and Dad, can I go to Virgo's?" I asked after us just standing around in awkward silence.

"Sure." They said in unison.

I left and started walking towards Virgo's. It was actually a pretty nice day today. When I was close I saw two guards also leaving her house. I wonder if she knew anything.

I knock on the door and wait for someone to answer. After a bit her mom answers.

"Hello." She says. "Oh, Capricorn, you can come in." She steps to the side so I can walk through. I head to Virgo's room.

"Hey Virgo." I say as I enter her room. "I see the guards have already came."

"Ya." Virgo replied. She was sitting on her bed looking down and absentmindedly fiddling with her fingers.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Hm? Nothing." She glanced up at me, then back down at her hands.

"Virgo, I know you. Something is wrong. Is it Sagittarius?"

"No. Not really."

"Then what is it?"

"It's nothing really. I'm just worried about Libra."

"Why? We don't even know her."

"What if something terrible happened to her? What if it happens to us too? What if we are all picked off one by one?"

"Vir-"

"What if everyone just disappears or something?"

I walked over to her and sat next to her on the bed. I placed my hand on her back and rubbed it reassuringly.

"Nothing is going to happen to us Virgo. We'll be just fine. They're gonna find her and make sure this doesn't happen again."

"But what if they don't find her?" She looked up at me and looked as if she was about to cry.

"Um, I- they'll find her Virgo. Don't worry."

Virgo was about to say something, but there was a tap on the window. It was quiet but loud enough for us to hear. We both immediately turned our heads and looked at the window. Nothing was there.

"Don't worry Virgo. Everyone will be fine and they will figure out what happened and make sure it doesn't happen again."

"Okay, I-"

Tap. Tap.

We looked at the window again and saw nothing. I stood up and opened the window to get a better look. There was nothing there. I closed the window and sat back on the bed with Virgo.

"Sorry, what were you going to say?" I ask.

"I was gunna say-"

There was a tap again but a lot louder. I turned and looked at the window to see Mark with a huge creepy smile. I let out a small scream and jump back.

"What? What's-"

"Look at the window." I said while looking at her.

Virgo looked at the window then looked back at me.

"Nothing's there. Are you okay?" She asked.

I looked back at the window. "But, Mark was just there." I said while pointing to the window.

"Okay..."

"He was. Now, what were you going to say before we were rudely interrupted?" I asked while looking back at Virgo.

"What I was going to say was that I believe you and hope that your right about the whole Libra thing."

There was a tap on the window again. I looked at the window to see Mark with the same creepy smile. Without looking away, I tug on Virgo's sleeve to look at the window. She looked at the window and let out a small scream.

"Okay, so, Mark is there. What do we do?" Virgo asked.

Mark gestured for someone to open the window. He still had his creepy smile.

"No, Virgo, don't open it." I said as Virgo stood up.

"But I wanna know what he wants to say." She replied while taking a small step forward.

"No, Virgo."

"But-"

I stood up and pulled her back to the bed as she was about to open he window. Mark's smile turned into a frown and made an over dramatic sad face. He traced from the corner of his eye down to his chin to show a fake tear falling.

"How is he even at the window? We aren't on the ground floor and he isn't this tall." I asked to no one in particular.

"I don't know." Virgo said as she got up and went to the window.

"Virgo, don't."

As she was about to Mark disappeared.

"What? How'd he do that?" I asked.

"He's right there." Virgo said while pointing at the ground. "He's rolling away. Slowly."

"Of course he is." I say while standing up and looking out the window.

Mark was on the ground and slowly rolling away. There was no ladder or anything so I still don't know how he got up here.

"Weird." Virgo said.