29. MARKUS NUTIVAARA | panthers

my heart is melting at the sight of him...

The voices of Markus and his teammates, the laughter of his teammates girlfriends, the clatter of silverware is usually something I am looking forward to. Unfortunately, not this year.

Markus begged me to come along for months now. I always told him no, but after awhile, I couldn't say no to his puppy dog eyes and his pouty face. I told him yes.

But right now, there was no backing out. Especially since we've been here for an hour.

I had a feeling something bad was going to happen. Anxiety sucks! But I soon fell into place until my brother called.

"Excuse me, I'll be back." I tell Markus.
"Don't make me wait too long," Markus tells me. I respond, "You're so cheesy!"

I head out of the room to answer my brother's call.

"Hello?" I say into the phone.

"Y/N!" Y/B/N starts. He sounded as if he had been crying. "Umm, family emergency. Y/S/N has been in a car accident!"

"WHAT?!" I basically shout at him. "YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT!"

"Yeah, I did. I'm really worried." My sister and his twin really has been hit by a car.

"Y/B/N, I'm really sorry, but I'm not going to be able to come today. I won't make it to Oklahoma, I'm so far away."

"I know Y/N, come tomorrow! Promise!

"I promise!"

I ended the call and started heading back into the private dining room. Just as I entered the room, I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

I sat down next to Markus, my eyes looking at the plain tiled floor.

"What's wrong?" He asks me.
I was starting to panic.
He repeated himself, "Y/N, what's wrong?! You're worrying me!"

All eyes were on me.

"Y/S/N..." I said. That was the last thing I said before I was having a full blown panic attack.

"Umm, we need some help over here! Now!!!" Markus yells. A few of his teammates rush over to me.
"What can we do to help? Is she okay?" I heard Alexander Wennberg say.

"No, she's having a panic attack. I usually have her medicine but it's at home." Markus tells his teammates.

"I-I-I feel like I-I-I'm g-going to p-puke." I tell Markus. "S-s-s-something's se-e-eriously wrong wi-i-i- th Y/S/N."

Seth Jones brings me the trash can and I start throwing up. My breathing becomes faster by the second. I feel like I'm going to pass out.

I tell Markus and his face gets even more concerned. Most of his teammates are out of the room, except for Brandon Saad, Seth Jones, Alex Wennberg and Zach Werenski.

He rushes me out of the room and Alex follows. He brings me to the bathroom where I finish my business and we head out the door to get some fresh air.

I finally start to calm down. Markus asks me, "What happened? You gave me a scare there! The guys thought you were dying!"

My eyes start to water, "Y/S/N, she, she was injured in a car accident."
Markus gives me a sympathetic hug.

He then starts walking towards the car. "Where are you going?!" I ask him.
"We're going to Oklahoma..." He responds.

"We at least have to let them know I'm okay first! I don't want them to think I'm an idiot!" I playfully shout.

"They can wait."

i did not mean to go this deep with this one. And I know adelleloves5sos96 would especially love this imagine because alexander wennberg is in it!