Part 1

A/N: Warning for new readers and old. This is an updated part of part 1 so the writing style will be different from parts 2+ up. With that, I hope you will enjoy this little fic of mine and thank you for reading!

***

Rapunzel's POV

I am brushing my long, silky hair; it grew back after I had to cut it to save Eugene and escape the terror that was Mother Gothel. I thought it wouldn't grow again after it was cut, but for some reason it did and amazingly. Who'd have thought that that was possible? It was quite the shock when I found out that my hair had grown and then once that had settled, I shouted down all the hallways announcing the fact, that my hair was growing. I thought I would be stuck with short hair forever. I let it grow and didn't bother ever calling hairdressers to come and cut it back to a normal length. I guess habits die hard right? Once or twice I did consider cutting it again to a more normal length, but for one I keep putting it off and it felt like it was returning to its normal feel about it. After all long thinking period, I decided that I'd let it grow to the length it was at before. I think it's a metre or two shorter than before though. I don't mind having my hair like this and it feels was normal to have my hair this way. The only difference is that I have brown hair now instead of blonde hair. It's strange to be brushing my hair again like I used to. However, the maids at the palace plait my hair for me now, instead of me doing it by myself.

Its night time right now, so I'm looking at the sparking stars and the glittering moon outside the window as I get my hair ready for bed. Once my hair is all neat and plaited again, I climb into my soft and comfy bed and try to fall asleep. I soon find that I have started dreaming, dreams filled with wonderful, happy things which keeps the nightmares away and prevents me from waking up in the middle of the night.

Jack's POV

I sit on a tree branch looking at the city ahead, just waiting for it to be covered in snow. I resist the temptation to cover the city with snow as it is autumn. I should wait till winter when it will be the right time of the year, then I can spread snow to my heart's content without North getting angry at me for bringing winter early to the city. I look at the shining, glittering moon, wondering what he will want me to do next and then I turn my glaze to the stars filling the night sky.

Suddenly, Bunnymund pops out of one of his holes he makes, immediately grabbing my attention. "What do you want?" I ask, knowing he has come to tell me something.

"North just wants you to know three more guardians have been chosen and to come and see him in the morning." He replies.

"Whatever, Easter Bunny" I reply in a tone seeming like I don't care about the matter at all, although in actual fact I was very much curious about the matter. I wonder why on earth he would chose more guardians now. We are at peace, right? We don't need more guardians.

"There is problem that needs completing and Manny says that only the Guardians of Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter can complete the task." He says.

"Ohhhh?" I say in an interested voice, now showing that I did care.

"Yes. Well, I will be off now. Bye." Bunnymund says as he disappears down his hole again.

I know that I am the Guardian of Winter. I just wonder who the other three are. Well, I will find out soon enough.

Tomorrow

I fly over to the North Pole, answering the summons by North, but it is only so I can get North to tell me who the new guardians are. I arrive with a few minutes to spare, like usual, the Yetis open the door to the workshop to let me fly in. I head straight to North's office because I know he will most likely be there and as I suspected, when I arrived outside his door, I am greeted with North is just coming out of his office.

"Hello, Jack. What brings you here this early?" He greets me with his hearty smile.

"I came to find out who the new guardians were." I responded.

"Well, we are waiting for Bunnymund, Sandman and Tooth to arrive." North continues. "I will tell everyone the details when we are all gathered."

I go to the globe and find myself a seat and wait for Bunnymund, Sandman and Tooth to arrive. They couldn't come too soon, I was now getting eager to know as to who these new guardians were.

Rapunzel's POV

I hear a knocking on the door, from my slumber, I stir in my sleep and when I hear the knocking again, that fully wakes me up.

"Rapunzel, Eugene is waiting downstairs." Mother called, from outside the door.

"Ok!" I reply in a sleepy voice.

I got out of bed, pulled on my dress and went over to the bowl to wash my face. I was about to splash my face with water when, suddenly, I saw a golden glint in the water's reflection. My hair was blonde again! I screamed and tripped over the stool behind me. I don't understand how my hair can be blonde again. The only time it's been blonde is when I've had healing powers. Then it struck me, I do I have my healing powers back?! I wasn't sure, but I must find out.

Just at that moment Eugene bursts into my room, ignoring the fact I am still on the floor, but from his facial expressions I can tell he notices the change in my hair colour right away.

"Rapunzel, are you...Rapunzel, your hair!" He gasps, eyes wide with shock.

"I know it's blonde again!" I shout back to him in a surprised voice.

Jack's POV

Finally, Bunnymund, Sandman and Tooth arrive. On time, but it seemed like I was waiting for hours. I could now hear what North had to say to everyone and who the new guardians were.

"Well, most of you know three more guardians have been picked by Manny." North started saying.

"I can wait to meet them!" Said Tooth excitedly, fluttering about. "New guardians, how wonderful!"

While the thought was a nice once, in a way I agreed with Tooth, but they must have chosen for a reason, a purpose to do something and that something must spell danger. I'm up for that, of course, but trouble is always trouble and that nearly involved the risk of human lives in the world.

"They are to be the guardians of spring, summer and autumn." North continued. "Jack, your job is to find them and bring them here."

"...Wait...what?! Why do I have to get them?" I exclaimed. Surely, someone else could? Sure I want to meet them, but why do I have to fetch them?!

"Because you're the Guardian of Winter, mate." Replies Bunnymund, with a grin. Ugh, somehow that annoys me.

"Two of them are Princesses and one is a Viking. You will find them in Dunbroch, Corona and Berk." North announces.

I guess I would have to go and find these people, these people who sounded like they'd be weird folk. I mean two Princess? A Viking? What was Manny thinking? Them, guardians? Haha! I let out a sigh and pick up my staff which I rested against the wall "Ok. I will go now"

"Remember, they will be able to see you so it should be easy getting them to come with you. Oh and take some snow globes so you can get to the places easily." Says North, waving to where he had already prepared some snow globes for me to take.

I will go to Dunbroch first because it's nice and cold and it wouldn't harm if I spread some snow on the way. That sounded like it would be fun. I'd have to deal with a Princess first, but that didn't sound too bad. I'm sure I can handle her and convince her to come back here with me to take up the role of the guardian. 

***

To be continued.....