Love | Chapter Two

"How is it that whenever I give you ice cream you find a way to get everywhere little one?"Chris asked me with a chuckle as he wiped a little bit of the chocolate ice cream off of my cheek which made me giggle. 

Chris then picked me up and carried me into the kitchen. He set me down on the counter top by the sink and he opened a drawer under it before pulling out a grey face cloth. 

"I'z never makes a mess Daddy." I said proudly as I went to cross my arms but he caught them and set them back down next to my side on the counter.

"Of course not baby, you never do." Daddy playfully rolled eyed his eyes a he said that. "Now let's get you clean up before you make a bigger mess of yourself." Daddy told me with a chuckle as he wet the face cloth. He started to clean up my face and hands with a gentle touch.

I started to whimper a bit and he pulled the cloth back as he took a step back to look at me. "What's wrong pumpkin?" He seemed concerned by how his eyes brow furrowed and the frown on his lips. 

I looked down at my feet as I started to lightly kick my legs. Daddy placed a hand under my chin, making me look up at him. "I'z feels bad when yew tawe cawe of me's." I mumble, shifting slightly under his worried gaze.

"That my job pumpkin. I'm supposed to take care of you. If I didn't I wouldn't be that great of a Daddy now would I?" He asked me as he finished cleaning me up and putting the now dirty dish cloth on the side of the sink.

I looked down again as I starred at my fingers as I fidgeted with a loose thread on my shirt. "No one else has ever wanted to take care of me." I admitted to him in a mumble.

"Hey, look at me for a moment." Daddy said to me as he crouched down to be at my level. I liked when he did that. I may love our height difference and being smaller then him but I still like when he tries to show me he is at the same level as me when he does this. It just makes me feel happy. 

I looked into his eyes and I could tell he was trying to make his eyes as soft as possible. "I promise you little one that I won't ever treat you like them. You're my baby and I wouldn't ever let anyone hurt you, including myself. I will always take care of you and baby you because that's my job now, I want to do it. 

I took a few deep breathes knowing this was a conversation that I needed to have in a more adult head space. "Do you really mean that Chris? I know I can be a lot to deal with at times and I don't want you to feel like you have to do things for me if you don't really want to." I told him, trying to be as honest with him as I possible could. I had a lot of self doubt that was put in me from past relationships, I've always felt like a burden

Chris reached his hand up and ran his fingers through my hair. "Nothing I do is for the fact that I have to, I do it all because I want to. I like feeling needed by you. You're not a burden to me and who ever told you that was lying through their teeth. Ricky and Devin also don't view you that way, no one does but them and that's why they are in your past." 

His words made me blush and smile a little bit. "Do you really mean all of that?" I asked him with a smile. 

"Of course I do Ryan I care for you very much." He paused for a moment and I could tell by his facial expression that he was contemplating if he should say what he wanted to or not. "I love you Ryan." He finally said, letting the words leave his lips. 

My face lit up even more when he said that as I felt my heart flutter in my chest. "I love you too Chris." I told him with the biggest smile. 

We had been together for a while now and neither of us had even let those words leave our lips. I didn't because I was scared of being vulnerable in case he ended up hurting me. I think he didn't say it because his ex cheated on him and he didn't want me to have that power to hurt him like that. We both had such similar reasons but different on our own levels. I knew both of our words were true though, I could just feel it between us. 

"What do you say you spend the night here with me tonight?" He asked me as he broke the comfortable silence we fell into as we just stared into each other eyes.

I shifted slightly, unsure of how to answer that. "I mean didn't you have a deal with Ricky about me being home?" I asked him, being fully aware of the answer to it. 

When Daddy and I got together Ricky wanted to make sure that Chris would be good to me and that I wasn't just some rebound, he knew how fragile I could be. With how my past relationships have gone too they both agreed it would be best if I still lived with him until I was ready for the next step. 

I had only slept over here once and that was because I fell asleep cuddling with Daddy on the couch well we watched movies, it was an accident. Ricky was kind of upset that Daddy broke that agreement, he was also disappointed in me as well. I don't like the feeling of anyone being upset or disappointed with me actions, it makes me sad. 

I got where he was coming from though. We have been friends for a while now and he has always been overprotective of me since day one. 

I wasn't shocked when he made this deal with Daddy, he was just trying to protect me and I understood that. It helped me a lot too because I have always had difficulties understanding my own boundaries. Without this I probably would of put myself through metal hell.

"If you're ready to move past that I could talk with him about. Only if you are completely okay with it though, I don't want to push you." He told me, making sure not to guilt me into making the choice he wanted from me. I liked that he did that, no one really ever did that in any of y relationships before him.

"I think I would like that but can we just try it just for tonight first?" I asked with a bit of worry. I may trust him but part of me was still fearful to give him all my trust. The second I had given that all to TJ he took advantage of it. I don't ever see Chris doing that but I was still scared. 

He kissed the top of my head as he pulled my into my arms. I laid my head on his chest, feeling comfort in his arms. "Of course baby. Anything for my little one."