Epilogue Part 1....

Semi-edited.

Pretty sure I posted this cover before...but it fits with the chapter :)

 Song is...I'll Be by Edwin McCain. Love, love, love this song! <3

Happy Reading!! 

2 weeks later....

"You can do this Carter. It isn't that big of a deal." I chanted softly to myself as I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

I nervously smooth out my new dress that I got for tonight. Even though I kept telling myself this wasn't a huge deal, it was. Not everyone gets their art work displayed in one of the biggest Art Gallery's in New York. The entire place was going to be filled with all of my painting and drawings.

Over the last year I went to a few art galleries where they put a few of my paintings up. Apparently the head coordinator of Grey Art Gallery saw one of my pieces and contacted me saying she wanted to feature me. At first I thought it was a joke of course, I mean me getting my art showcased?!

Now three months later here I am. It has taken a while to put together entire pieces to show to people. A lot of my painting/drawings I thought weren't good enough to show others but after everyone telling me to use them I did. I barely just finished the last painting two days ago, which of course made me even more nervous it tonight.

"Babe you ready to go?" A head popped through the door. I glanced at my boyfriend through the mirror. My eye traveled the length of him greedily. I noticed he was wearing a light purple tie that matched my dress. While I looked him over I noticed he was doing the same thing to me. 

(I know this is Lily Collins but this dress is just beautiful!) 

"You look beautiful."

"Not too much?" I asked, biting on my lower lip as I looked back into the mirror.

"It can never be too much babe." He came up on me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Tonight is going to be great princess. I am so proud of you." He moved my hair off my neck and pressed a soft kiss to the side of my neck.

"Thank you." I leaned into his touch. It was nothing sexual, his touch just calmed me down.

"We better get going so we can get there on time." He mumbled against my skin. I shivered at this warm breath against me and nodded. I want to get there before the gallery officially opened and see everything first. So sadly Gage had to come along early as well but he didn't seem to mind. Everyone else would meet us there at 7 o'clock.

Gage unlaced his arms from around me and moved around the room. I once more checked my reflection before I sighed. It would have to do. Grabbing my clutch from the bed I checked to make sure I had everything I needed before following Gage out of our bedroom.

I was lucky to have Gage in this situation. He was the calm and steady force in my life. He knew how to calm my nerves and let me know things will be okay. If it wasn't for him I was definitely be a pool of nervousness and maybe have an anxiety attack.