(Ch.1) Limits Broken

Ruby POV

I was walking towards my mother's grave and gave my prayers to her. After I said my peace I undid my hood to talk to her.

Ruby: Hey Mom. Sorry, I haven't come by in a while. Things have been... Well, things have been pretty busy. Oh! Dad's here too. He's you know...dad. He's teaching at Signal, but he told me he's going to be going out on some mission soon. I think he misses adventuring with you. I miss you too. Haven't gotten kicked out Beacon yet! So that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang helps. I keep her in line. That was a joke. She's actually a really great fighter, you can tell she's learned a lot from Dad. Well so are Weiss and Blake. Oh! They're my teammates. Together, we form Team RWBY. And yes, before you ask, that does cause a lot of confusion....but we have -Y/N with us. And yes it's weird to have 5 in one Team. He was put with us by Ozpin. I'm glad he did, why you ask? Well it's because he's.. My boyfriend, kinda embarrassing to say it but yeah. And it doesn't help that... The entire Team loves him, oh don't worry, we don't fight each other over him... Well maybe Yang but we all equally love him and he does back. So I guess I'll give him the "best boyfriend ever" award, hehe. Anyway, uh, I made a bunch of new friends, and I met some......let's just say, odd teachers. Oh! We've also stopped some bad guys too! I guess it's like they say: Like mother, like daughter. I still wonder why Ozpin let me into the school early. But uh, I guess he'll tell me one day. You know how he is. It's funny, the more I get to know him, the more he starts sounding like Uncle Qrow. And so does -Y/N since was trained by Qrow, so you can say we came from the same nest...hehe.

Zwei: Bark!

Ruby: Looks like Dad's back. I gotta go! He's dropping me off at Beacon for the tournament match that -Y/N is about to do and my match after that. Then he has to go on his next mission! Wish my Team luck! It was good to talk...

Your POV- Arena

Port: *Speaker* Hoho, welcome to the first match of the day! This will be the start of the duel rounds! The rules are simple, two people fight in a duel to defeat the other in battle. The win conditions are either to ring out your opponent or cause their Aura to drop to dangerous levels that count them out.

Oobleck: Ah yes! Today's bout is between two very known students known at their schools. From Beacon, we have -Y/N -L/N starting first. Well, a renowned fighter and one of the best I've seen from experience.

Port: Then from Mistral, we have Preston North, he is known for his quick-thinking tactics and strategies, and also for his fighting style.

Oobleck: Let's get right into the action!

Port: Indeed.

North: You ready to lose?

You: You wish, but good luck with beating me.

North: I'll take that in advance.

FIGHT!!!

North rushed towards you with his spear, causing you to back away. You sidestep to knock his weapon which he turns to show another blade on the other side.

He nicks your face before you kicked him back. You follow through with a jab to his face and trip him to the ground, he does a kickflip forward hitting you in your jaw.

He gets back up and swings at you, you block it with Grimm Slayer and deflect it back to him. You step in to hit his face with your hilt causing him to stumble.

He finds an opening to attack and tries to stab you in your shoulder, but you catch it before it touches you.

He smiles and spikes come from the spear, poking your hand with many needle-like stings.