Chapter Eighty-Three

Chapter Eighty-Three:

I TRIED ADDING A PLOT TWIST I HAVENT EVER SEEN IN A FANFIC B4

---

Twenty-four hours later:

Louis was lifeless, in the span of 12 hours, he had lost everything. If he hadn't had gone on a date with Harry, would everything be okay? If he had just stayed at home a few minutes longer would things be different?

He continued to imagine a life where he hadn't just experienced his biggest fear.

"Mr Tomlinson, Mr Tomlinson, Louis..." The voice of the police officer interviewing him distracted him from his lethargic thoughts. He had no energy, his head felt heavy, and his eyes just wanted to close, he needed sleep.

Preferably a sleep where he would wake up, only to be told it was a dream. But it wasn't a dream; he was living a reality that you only see on the news.

The small boy lifted his head to stare blankly in a distracted matter at the sympathetic officer.

"I want Harry."

"I'm sorry Louis, you know that isn't possible. I'm sorry for what happened." The police officer paused, watching as the dirty brunette hung his head in sadness, slouching into the chair he was seated on.

"Now Mr Tomlinson, can you recount yesterday's events for me?"

---

Yesterday:

"Harry, Hazzz you dork stop, I don't want to fall." Louis giggled as the lanky man took his hand and ran ahead; towards a 24/7 convenience store.

The two boyfriends were having the time of their life's. Half an hour ago they had gotten off the river cruise; it was now 9 pm. Louis could not have been more amazed at the service the cruise provided. It was most certainly the best date he had been on.

Harry and he just felt free.

Harry laughed as he came to a sudden stop in front of the story, catching Louis' petite frame into a tight hug. They were next to a road, on the footpath in public. However, that didn't stop Harry from dropping to his knees.

"Hello baby, cannot wait to meet you, darling. Going to like Daddy more than Mummy ey? Cus Daddy will spoil you like a Princess or a little Prince."

Louis laughed as he pulled Harry up from his crouching position.

"Love you Haz," Louis whispered in a love-struck phase.

There was a long pause before Harry answered, "I love you more Louis." He spoke with such adoration; it brought tears to the small boy's eyes.

"Aww come on Lou." Harry nudged the boys hip, "Don't cry, sweetheart."

"Let's just get our drinks Hazzy." Louis smiled, as he took his boyfriend's hand, proudly strutting into the 24/7 night owl shop for slushies.

---

"Anybody ring?" Harry asked, one hand on the steering wheel as he drove the short fifteen minute trip home - slushie in hand. Louis' phone lit up as he turned it on, it had been switched off for their date. However; looking at the lock screen notifications he frowned.

"That's weird." He thought aloud. Harry looked over his shoulder momentarily.

"Liam rang?" The curly haired man asked noticing the missed call from him.

"Not just Liam - Ashley and Niall too.... they each rang over twenty times Harry..." Louis looked at his boyfriend in worry.

The older man didn't hesitate for a second when he replied, "Call Liam."

So Louis did as requested, it only took one ring for the man to pick up.

"Hey, Liam.. What's wrong? You guys spammed my ph-" Louis didn't get to finish his sentence as Liam yelling could.

"GET THE FUCK AWAY NIALL, LET THEM DO THEIR JOB."

Louis frowned, putting the phone on speaker so Harry could here.

"Li? What is happening..." Louis asked cautiously no sure if he wanted to know.

"Louis... oh my god Louis it's all gone." Liam ranted.

"What is all gone, Liam?"

"The house, it's on fire... nothing is fucking left. Shit the flames are huge."

Louis frowned at the sound of the usually calm and relaxed Liam's distraught voice.

"Li..." Louis paused looking at Harry, "Whose house?"

There was a silent pause before Liam's soft, sympathetic voice whispered.

"Yours..."

---

Back at the station:

"That is when I got home... and saw it," Louis spoke softly as he attempted to remember the memories he had been blocking out the past 12 hours.

"What did you see Louis."

"My house burnt to ashes." Louis paused as tears pooled in his blue eyes. "Can I see Harry now?"

The officer smiled sadly jotting a note down on his notepad.

"As soon as he is finished his own interview."

Louis sighed in despair. They had a baby on the way in under six months, no house, uni-fees, a crap part time job and doctors bills...

Life was certainly throwing them hurdles.