Mr. Bad Boy and Me

Peyton POV

And next up on the Xfactor, Peyton Horan!

I had started to learn to control my ever-quickening pulse before the shows. Of course, there had only been three, but I still took pride in my achievement.

I did a quick once-over of myself, then got into my position sitting on the piano on the shiny, mirror-like stage. Who was the girl staring back at me? The girl who was once an outsider was now noticed by everyone. The girl who was once bullied was now a friend to anyone and everyone. The girl who I thought was ugly was now beautiful. Her hair was once held back by a hairband, but now it cascaded down her back in dip-dyed curls. And the biggest shock was that that girl was ME.

I guess I just live in a screwed up, crazy life. And one hell of a day too. What happened?

       FLASHBACK...

I walked around the park, just trying to get some fresh air. I heard a girl giggle, then say, "Not here, baby!"  The boy then chuckled and kissed her (Or at least that's what it sounded like...) As I got closer, I saw the two people behind the tree. Me and Austin's tree. Even better, I saw a boy's blonde hair peek out. The boy turned around, and my heart shattered. "A-Austin?" I managed to squeak out.

"Babe, it's not what you think.." he reached up to cup my cheek, but I backed away. The tears streamed down my face, and I ran home. Away from the boy I told I loved. I guess that's what I get for falling in love...

I shook my head to rid myself of the painful memory. Good thing the lights were low, so the audience couldn't see me. The music started, and I took a deep breath, then sang.

"I know I can't take one more step towards you

'Cause all that's waiting is regret

Don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore

You lost the love I loved the most

I learned to live half alive

And now you want me one more time

And who do you think you are?

Runnin' 'round leaving scars

Collecting your jar of hearts

And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold

From the ice inside your soul

So don't come back for me

Who do you think you are?

I hear you're asking all around

If I am anywhere to be found

But I have grown too strong

To ever fall back in your arms

And I've learned to live half alive

And now you want me one more time

And who do you think you are?

Runnin' 'round leaving scars

Collecting your jar of hearts

And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold

From the ice inside your soul

So don't come back for me

Who do you think you are?

And it took so long just to feel alright

Remember how to put back the light in my eyes