[27] New Life With A New Love

[27] NEW LIFE WITH A NEW LOVE

GAIL'S POV

I never expected him to come. Fvcking sh*t. All the emotions I've been hiding through me burst out awhile ago. Whenever I see his face, memories kept flashing in my mind... How he hit me for a stupid reason, how he left me during my labor and how Kyra died in my arms...

"Fvck!"

"Gail!"

I know that Kaye Anne's running after me that's why I rushed into the elevator but sh*t happened, she stopped the lift from closing and went inside.

"Gail, sorry."

I rolled my eyes and made a face. "Meeting you is fine with me until that ba-stard came. Really, Kaye Anne? How could you be so insensitive?"

"Akala ko kasi..." She sighed and held my arm. "Sorry, 'di ko na uulitin. Umaasa lang naman ako na magkakaayos kayo ni Kurt eh."

Bumukas ang elevator at dumiretso na ako palabas, shoving her hand off my arm. Sinundan niya pa rin ako hanggang sa suite ko.

"Don't expect us to get back together. Kasi ngayon pa lang sinasabi ko nang wala ng pag-asa!"

I slumped on the couch and so did she. She was looking guiltily on me.

"Wala na ba talaga?"

I abruptly shook my head. "I don't have feelings for him at all. Kung meron man akong nararamdaman para sa kanya, yun ay pagkasuklam."

"Gail, galit ka lang kaya mo nasasabi yan."

"No," I untied my hair and brushed it with my fingers. "Angry or not, I still f^cking despise him. I want him out of my life."

***

You've changed a lot. Yan ang sinabi sa akin ni Kaye Anne kahapon. She told me that I changed both positively and negatively. Positive? Kasi I became tougher daw. Negatively? Should I say it still? Well, it's because I curse now.

"Gail, buti pumayag ka na magshopping kasama ako."

I smiled and mouthed her, "Of course."

Kagabi, dun natulog si Kaye Anne sa suite ko. That's a good thing for me because we got a chance to talk seriously with each other. We talked about a lot of things and that included how Austin and her broke up and of course, how she ended up with Nathan. I'm happy for her. Sabi ko nga sa kanya, she's one hell of a lucky girl having Nathan in her life. But in the back of my mind, I wished that I should have chosen him from the start... Hindi ko na sana naranasan ang masaktan ng ganito.

Well, that's life and I must f-cking face what it may bring to me.

"Nagugutom na ako. Kain muna tayo, Gail?"

"Sure," I answered as we wandered in the mall.

We decided to go out today for a bonding time. Syempre, pumayag na rin ako dahil it's about time to make it up to her. We were in the middle of looking for a restaurant when my eyes caught one couple heading to our direction...

"Sina Chloe ba yun?"

Huminto kami sa paglalakad at tumingin din dun si Kaye Anne. "Hala, oo nga no'? Akala ko ba hindi pa sila nakakauwi galing sa honeymoon nila? Tara, Gail!"

Kaye Anne pulled me by the arm towards them. Habang papalapit kami, bigla akong nakaramdam ng guilt. Ilang beses ko silang iniwasan noong gusto nila akong dalawin sa Seoul.

"Chloe! Dustin!"

And there it goes... Tumingin sila sa amin. We stopped infront of them. As our eyes met, I saw her raising one eyebrow. The typical gesture of her.