Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The day finally reached midafternoon and Eiravel finished what he needed to do and left Lyatria with her Aunt, Uncle and cousin. She had a few more customers stop by their stand to pick up some elixirs they asked from her, after which she grabbed her basket with glass jars of medicine and honey mintrus mixtures. 

“Uncle Golben, Aunt Hambes I’m heading off to visit Lassion and give him his medicine.” Lyatria said as she readied a horse.

Uncle Golben nodded his head. “Go ahead, we have things covered here.” He said.

“How is he doing? Little Lassion has been sick for quite some time now.” Asked Aunt Hambes as she handed Lyatria the medicine, Lyatria shrugged her shoulders.

“His fever seems to have gone down but refuses to go away, Lady Lúthel said that she would have the herb I need. But she hasn’t returned from the mountain yet.” 

Uncle Golben sighed. “I will never understand that old witch. It may be summer down here, but up there, it snows every day and the winds are strong enough to bash you clean off the mountainside. There is no life up there, yet she still determined to look for this herb!” He said.

Lyatria sighed and shook her head. “I don’t know what’s up there Uncle, but whatever it is she believes that it’s essential for my training. I trust her and she has not led me astray with her teachings yet.”

Uncle Golben sighed and shook his head. “Whatever you say, you know that just want what’s best for you Lyatria.” He said with a small smile. Lyatria smiled back and gave her Uncle a hug.

“I know you are, and I’m grateful for everything you and Aunt Hambes has done for Tavorion and me.” Uncle Golben patted her back and stepped back. Lyatria jumped up on her horse and left the market to the northern west side of the kingdom.

She arrived at a small two-story house near the edge of the forest where her patient and his family lived. Outside the house, doing some work in their garden and fields was Aubron Fanriel and his daughter Aethor weeding their rows of vegetables while her father ploughing their crops. 

Aethor stopped her weeding and looked up when she heard the pounding of the horse’s hooves. Smiling she dropped the weeds she pulled from the ground and ran up to Lyatria when she pulled her horse to a stop “Lyatria, good afternoon, how are you?” Aethor said reaching for the reins so her friend could jump down safely.

“Good afternoon to you as well and I’m great, just wanted to see how your little brother is holding up. I also brought some coughs syrups for you and the family. I am sure that they will help with little Lassion’s recovery.” Said Lyatria showing her friend the jars of honey and mintrus blends she made earlier this morning. 

“Thank you, mother and father will be so happy. I am sure that this will help my brother. Oh, please come inside, mother will be happy to know you’re here!” Aethor said excitedly and pulled Lyatria inside. “Mother! Lyatria is here, and she brought something to help Lassion with his throat!” 

A woman in her mid-fifties appeared from the back of the house carrying a try with an empty bowl and mug. Her messy black and ashen hair halfway pulled into a bun while the rest laid against her back. The wrinkles along her brow and cheeks were noticeable but they did not weigh down on her natural beauty. Her soft green eyes still held a bit of fire in them.

“Oh Lyatria, I’m so happy you are here!” Halaema said smiling and setting the try down. Then she walked up to Lyatria and gave her a hug. “How are Golben, Hambes and Nordor doing?” She asked after stepping back from Lyatria.

“They are doing well however, Nordor came home this morning with an even bigger hangover than yesterdays!” Lyatria said chuckling a bit. “So how has Lassion been doing?”