Chapter11

Just so you know the beginning of this chapter jumps a bit so it may be hard to follow but it was before she lost her memory to when she did.

(10 years ago)

"Do you think we'll be together forever?"

"What kind of question is that?" Thranduil asked.

"Just answer it," I said while looking down at my ring.

"Not even death can take me away from you," he answered.

******

"My king, the village is on fire!" The guard yelled.

"What?!" I screamed.

My father is in that village. I had to save him, right now.

***

"My father's in there!" I said to Thranduil who would not let go of my hand.

The house was blazing with a vicious fire and I was very scared to go in, but I had no choice. I already lost my mother, I was not going to lose my father.

"Don't go in there," Thranduil said sternly.

"I have to," I said wringing my hand from out of his grip. I ran towards the house, the heat burning my skin. I held my father in my arms and looked up.

"Thranduil!" I called.

I could hardly hear him, and soon my vision began to fade.

***(Thanduil pov)

"Ada, are you alright?" Legolas asked me.

"Yes," I answered softly while looking down.

I didn't want to cry, but the sadness was getting too great to bare.

"What's that in your hand?" Legolas asked while pointing to the box in my hand.

I opened it and the glow of the ring illuminated.

"I was going to ask her to marry me," I whispered. "How foolish of me..."

****(Mireth pov)

"Help me get her up," A woman's voice called out.

Everything seemed jumbled but I was able to make out the figure of a woman and standing next to her was a little boy.

"Hello, can you hear me?" the little boy said while trying to poke my cheek.

The woman bent down and whispered "It's alright. We'll take care of you."

(modern time)

It seemed like Legolas was more flustered than I was. I was sitting behind Thranduil and looked at Legolas. I felt really bad because after all I was the one who told him to shoot his own father. I spoke with the doctors and had them make a little solution for me. It was difficult trying to hide things from Thranduil but somehow we managed. Since Legolas was such a good archer I asked him to shoot the arrow coated with sleeping solution into Thranduil's shoulder. He was not majorly hurt and he thought he probably got hit by an orc. I know this is the right thing to do. The ride was bumpy and it reminded me of when Thranduil saved me from the spiders.

So much has happened. It was strange falling in love with him all over again. When I went to save my father I was sure I would lose Thranduil forever. I really am a terrible person. I had already put him through so much and now I was doing it again.

"Thranduil?" I asked.

He didn't answer and continued to stare forward. I followed my eyes to the direction he was looking. Thorin and the rest of the dwarves were walking in front of us. Uh, oh, this was not going to go well. I expected them to be much father ahead. I didn't think we would run into them so quickly.

"Thorin Oakenshield," Thranduil said, riding forward.

Thorin looked up at Thranduil with disgust then turned to me. He seemed to recognize me but pushed that thought to the back of his head.

"What do you want?" he asked Thranduil.

"To help," I interrupted.

I hoped down and stood in front of Thorin.

"We do not need help, especially from Thranduil," Thorin said.

"You do not need to walk alone," I said.

"Yes he does. Let him walk to his own death," Thranduil said, getting down from the elk.

"Why do you say that?" I asked him.

He remained quiet for a moment, trying to think of a good response, which to him was probably an insult.

"Do I really need to explain? Not only is a dwarfs size small, but so are their brains," Thranduil said looking at Thorin.

Great, I knew he was going to say something insulting. The dwarves started to get angry and rowdy.

"Yet they have bigger hearts than you," I replied.

When Thranduil was about to speak the ground began to shake.

"Orcs," Legolas whispered.

Thranduil whipped out his sword as he said "Mireth, stand behind me."

I stood still for a moment before moving. I pulled out my bow and stood next to Thorin. I stared straight at Thranduil. The sound of orcs grew as the ground shook harder. He sighed in both frustration and annoyance at me response. I turned towards Thorin.

"Trust me," I whispered.

Thorin remained quiet as he tightly gripped his sword. For this one moment we would all be fighting together. This was not what I had in mind, but if I fight and die for peace, so be it. The orcs were coming into view, their ugly, distorted faces were becoming more prominent. I glanced at Thranduil who remained still.

(Thranduil pov)

I can't believe she would side with the dwarves just to prove a point, but at the same time I'm not surprised. She always was stubborn when it came to doing things she believed in. What hope does she see in them? They are lucky we are here otherwise they would not last a minute. I cannot turn back, this threat involves everyone.

"Stay out of my way," I said to Thorin.

Protecting Mireth and Legolas were the only important things. At this point I could care less about the wealth. I just need to lead everyone through this soon to be bloody battle.

*

As I looked around I could see many of my men's dead bodies fall to the ground. This battle will not be in vein. I continued to slice, shop and cut every orc that surrounded me. Mireth was shooting pretty well but her aim was a little off.

"You need more forced in your take back and arim for the heads!" I yelled to her.

"What do you think I'm doing?" She yelled back.

"You keep missing," I said.

She turned and pulled her bow while it was pointed at me. She released and the arrow shot the orc behind me right between the eyes. I smiled and continued to fight by her side. Everything seemed to never end. The orcs were putting up quite a fight, but Mireth and Legolas seemed to be having some fun with it, seeing who could kill the most orcs.

I noticed a hobbit among the dwarves. I was surprised. He was very timid and hesitant but he swung his sword and defended himself. I guess the small things are full of big surprises. Once this battle is over I know exactly what I'm going to do.

After every orc was eliminated I took a moment to look around. Along with the orcs were most of my men, dead. They fought for honor and I would make sure their lives will be remembered. All the dwarves were still alive but very beaten up. They had proven their worth. They still disgust me but now have some of my respect. I walked up to Thorin who was next to Mireth. I slightly bowed my head to him and he followed suit. I held my hand out to Mireth.

I'm sorry if that was a little confusing but if you have any questions, ask away. There is so much more good stuff to come! So I'll make sure to put chapter 12 up hopefully tomorrow. What did you think of this chapter? Is Mireth smart or just crazy? Will Thranduil find out about her plan and will she discover his motives for heading to The Lonely Mountain?