tired

Tired. That's all I feel. College has not been easy this week. Being a journalist has its pros and cons. I get exclusive access to events and get to share information to my readers, but with deadlines getting close, I've been in overdrive trying to finish articles.

When I got home from work, I've must have fell asleep because I soon opened my eyes to arms wrapped around my waist. Toni. A warm feeling engulfed me when I realized my best friend of over 5 years was home. We've been roommates since I moved to New York. We met in the college we both attend and moved into an apartment near campus.

"Morning sunshine." Toni greeted.

"Ugh" I groaned.

"It's Saturday. You wanna go out somewhere, or make it a lazy day." He offered

"Lazy, please" I innocently grinned at Toni.

Toni immediately stood up and walked to the TV in front of my bed. He chose some movie, and climbed back on my warm bed. I started to get comfortable before the movie started. Toni laid on his back, looking back up at me. I shifted closer to his body.

Toni was shirtless with gray sweatpants and beanie. As I got closer to him, I began to notice the details of his face, like how his facial hair grew over a span of days.

What I didn't notice was how he was staring right back at me.

Right when I zoned back in from my thoughts and looked into is light eyes, he leaned up and kissed me.

Then, he smiled and said, "I hope Jarasstic Park is good."

Of course he did, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Long time, no see. Hope you liked it.

-jo