Chapter 6

• Dedicated to Edwin

OMG! This week has been like the best week evar! Its been like 80 degrees all week.It so pretty, I even got a tan and went to the park and ya da ya da ya da. 

I quickly left the forest. I had a really creepy feeling out there. I know it’s weird for a shifter to be afraid of a night in the forest, but there was something really scary about all the animals out there. They could come and eat me; well they couldn’t because I was like a 5 foot something wolf, but the fear was still there.  As the sun had began to go down noises came out, everyone knows that.

I slinked out of the forest and grabbed my clothes which I had left on the ground. Who’s the smartest girl in the world? This girl! I snuck back inside and quickly went to bed. 

-1 week later-

When I awoke in the morning I had a really bad feeling. I rubbed my chest and swung my legs out from under the covers. I pulled on my quickly becoming usual outfit: a baggy sweatshirt and sweatpants. I walked down stairs drawn by the sweet smells of waffles. I entered the room and sat at the table. As I looked at the plate piled high with waffles my appetite diminished. I eyed my family warily and measured my means for escape.  Maybe when they turn around I could make a run for it?

My mother seemed to sense my plan and said "Rosaline, dearie you need to eat." 

She was true of course, as a shifter we ate a lot more than humans because we needed more energy when we turned. Even so, I wasn't hungry and I hadn't been for a while. It was really weird, I would be hungry and then whenever I looked at the food, I wasn't.

"I'm not hungry." My brother came over and plopped on the seat next to me. 

"Come on little sis, eat some food." He seemed generally seemed to care so I tentatively began to eat the waffles. I made a face; they tasted so gross and bland, like paper.

Now I wanted to puke.

Liam saw my face and laughed as he put his arm over my shoulder. Me and my brother we always close and I loved spending time with him. Well I used to; I don't spend much time with anyone anymore. I hadn't seen my two best friends in ages; I think they were warned off by Liam. Not that I was complaining. Seeing them would be just too hard. I couldn’t see them, not know. 

I sighed into the comfort that his large warm arm provided for just a minute. Then I sighed and got up and walked upstairs to grab my school things. 

I walked out of Liam's car and veered to the left. If I walked quickly enough then maybe I could escape my friend’s eyes. I pushed myself farther with each step, trying to propel myself inside. 

If only there weren't so many humans about, then I could just use my full speed.

I walked through the large double doors and gasped as I saw the pictures that were hung on every corner and space of the wall.

Pictures of Kyle and me.

They hung on the boards and on the lockers. Some were on the ceiling for Fate's sake. 

And under every picture was the caption:

They say that death is an escape. He definately needed it to escape her.

The few people that were in school turned and looked at me, some giggled, but most just outright laughed. They are only humans I told myself. I gritted my teeth as my wolf slammed into me, screaming to be let out. To kill the ones that made fun of us. That dared to laugh at my mate and his death. 

It’s not them. Only the shifters that went to school here knew the real pain that Lindsey was inflicting on me, and they weren't here yet. I backed up a step. As a sob hit my throat, and ran out of the doors. Knocking Liam over as I raced to the woods.

My mind was one thing. 

Why did she hate me that much?

I sat in my bed with the covers drawn up to my chest. My eyes were red and they stung like crazy, but I ignored it like the constant pain in my chest. 

When I really thought about it, the pain, it was a reminder. It reminded me of him, a constant reminder of him. Every pulse of pain, 

I looked around my bright lively room. Pictures covered the wall, of my friends.

Anna, Carma and me.

It was always us against the world, through thick and thin we always looked out for each other. Well, used too, anyways. There were pictures of my brother and my family. These were the pictures of a she-wolf. A girl named Rosaline who had friends and was popular, was pretty and had a loving family.

She had a mate. A loving, adoring mate. A man who after only 2 weeks of them being together had made her feel like she was the most loved girl in the entire world.

I now sit here. A broken and empty shell of the girl once known as Rosaline.

I sit and miss her. I miss the confident girl that used to reside in my body. When Kyle left he took my soul.  He took everything that made me, me. He wrenched it out in that car, but he forgot some. 

He forgot to take the rest of me with him. 

I smirked as I got a sudden thought. I nodded my head in grim determination and my wolf did the same.

If he couldn’t take all of us then we would bring ourselves to him.

Time to go home to our mate.

Ohhh no! What’s going to happen?

So please all comment and vote and add the story to your reading list. Plwease!!! It would make my day, my week, my life! 

I'm just kidding, but still.              : )