Chapter 11 - Sleepover

Livvy's POV

It had been two days since I told the Council my story and I now stood in my bedroom, my eyes red from tears, watching my mate as he packed a bag.

"I'll only be gone a few days Liv, I promise I'll be back before you know it. Simon and Lewis and the rest of your guards will stay by your side, and the patrols are on full alert. On the lighter side, I've asked the girls to keep you company, they've even planned a sleepover which you can have up here in our private den. I have some staff setting up air mattresses, you won't be alone and you will be perfectly safe..... Liv... I have to do this baby."

"But what about you...you don't know what he's capable of...if he wiped out a whole pack of warriors....what if he...he could...Wyatt, please, I can't lose you too!" I wept.

Wyatt took a few steps forward to comfort me, but I was angry as well as sad and stepped back out of his reach.

"Liv, please understand. I cannot rest easy until I know he is out of the picture...my wolf needs to find him and punish him for what he did to you."

I knew "punish" was his way of saying kill without scaring me, and I knew no one deserved to die more than Alpha Spencer, but there had been so much death already. But I dared not say anything, and deep down, I had to agree, I wouldn't feel safe until he was gone for good.

I walked over to our bed and flopped down with a heavy sigh, knowing I wouldn't get a good night's sleep until he returned.

"Baby," Wyatt whispered in my ear as he knelt on the floor beside me, "I have to leave soon to meet Alpha Leone, I have 20 warriors, trackers and enforcers coming with me, Leone will have about the same number and a team from the Council. We're organized and following a plan. A team of scouts has located his pack and they don't have a large number of wolves, the team alone will outnumber them. There is nothing you have to worry about. We'll go in, take him and Henry into custody, they both will be tried and executed immediately and the Council will investigate the rest of the pack. Its cut and dry, I'll literally be back in 3-4 days at the most."

Wyatt kissed my shoulder as he glided his hand up along the side of my body, his touch providing much-needed comfort. "Talk to me baby, I don't want to leave with you mad at me."

"I'm not mad anymore," I sniffed, "I'm just sad, I'll miss you and worry the whole time."

"I'll call you at least twice a day, in the morning and the evening and more if anything important happens," he assured me.

I nodded and rolled over to face him, stifling any additional tears. I didn't understand why I was so emotional today; I don't remember ever feeling like this. I felt like a little girl again, I took a deep breath, trying to get my emotions in check, "Ok," I whispered.

"Ok?" he replied, "you'll stay with the girls? You'll keep your cellphone with you so I can call you?"

"Mmhmm," I agreed as I nodded.

"You'll eat and get plenty of rest?" he continued, which only made me laugh.

"I'll even remember my vitamins," I added sarcastically, "and wear a raincoat if it rains."

"Oh, you think you're funny don't you," he asked as he began to tickle me, "making fun of the Alpha, will you?"

My giggles turned to out-and-out laughter as he tickled me mercilessly. There was a knock at the door. Wyatt got up and went to answer it opening the door only slightly, giving me privacy. I couldn't see who was there, but I heard the voice of Jason, his beta, letting him know the team was ready and it was time to go. He closed the door and came right over to me as I sat up. Wyatt gave me an intense look and pulled me into his chest, capturing my lips in a passionate kiss.