nishina shima ✱ warmth

nishima shima x female reader
( fluff)
requested by  KirariHappyHappy

"Shima-kun..."

"What is it now (name)?"

Shima looked over her shoulder, taking her eyes away from her newest artwork. Her purple eyes seemed to soften as she noticed the rather pouty look you had.

Her time was usually dedicated to drawing new chapters to her manga series, and, consequently, there was limited time for you and her to spend together outside of school.

"You haven't even looked at me since I came here..." You whispered, looking down at your feet, "Are you sure you want me here?"

Shima raised her eyebrows, taking a few moments to take in what you had just said. She hadn't meant for her actions to come across as blatantly ignoring you, that was the last thing she wanted. 

"Of course I want you here (name)." She sighed, letting out a light chuckle as she stood up.

You watched her movements with a clear smile as she walked over to you, and crawled past your body into the bed, where she lay with her arms open, like an invitation.

"Come and lie down with me, I've almost forgotten what it feels like to hold you." She said, curling her fingers as if she were beckoning you closer.

You happily swivelled your body around in the bed, your body now facing Shima's as you gladly warmed up to her touch, smothering your face into her chest, wrapping your arms around her waist.

Her hands started to make intricate patterns on your back, as if she were doodling. As much as you didn't like to admit it, it was hypnotic. The movements of her soft fingertips against the fabric of your shirt made you feel more drowsy by the second.

You reached for the blankets in a slow manner, pulling them up in a swift movement. Just enough so that they covered yours and Shima's legs. She whispered her thanks, lips pressing against the top of her head for a moment.

"I'm so thankful that you fell in love with me." She said, a hand sliding up to stroke your shoulder.

"Of course I fell in love with you." You replied, "You're the perfect girl - to find someone to match my love for manga and anime is quite a gift~"

Shima chuckled at your words. Her hands moved up once again to this time cup your cheeks, fingertips brushing your skin. You looked up at her with quite possibly the most gentle expression that she had ever seen.

That's one of the reasons she fell in love you. Your kindness and your gentle actions to all people, regardless of how they treated you.

Your lips perched up an inch to try and meet hers, and Shima was more than willing to return the affection, placing a finger under your chin and passionately kissing you.

"God, I really love you (name)." She said, lips inching downwards to kiss you once again.

"I love you more."

Your head rested in the crook of her neck with comfort, and her hands finally remained in one place, around your upper torso. She hummed the opening of both yours and her favourite anime under her breath.

Soon enough, you both fell asleep peacefully, in each other's warmth.

-

first one shot with my wife to begin this book, I hope you like it!

+ this is the first fluff one shot I've ever written, hopefully it's okay