Its a Barbie World

While I was waiting I grabbed two waters,  and stretched my legs. I wasn't really thinking, and before he came downstairs i ran to look for my phone. I seen it on the coffee table, grabbed it and checked my bag for headphones. I didn't have any in there, so i threw my phone on the couch. Alex came downstairs half dressed with the plate in his hand. "Where's your shirt?" i asked him. "Where's yours?" he asked back, tapping my stomach as he walked past me. "Good point." I smiled, and started for the door. He followed me, and we started down the beach.

At first, i was keeping a slow paced jog for him to keep up. We bullshit about the area, and the heat. Then he says "Come on Lets race." he said speeding up, to a run. "You asked for it." i said and started sprinting after him. He was a little bit behind me, i was out of breath, and my stomach was burning. I didn't stop, i knew he'd catch me if i did. I heard him getting closer, and i pushed myself further. And in that moment i was drained. I fell straight to my knees, and started breathing deeply.

Alex stopped running as soon as he seen me drop. "Kimberly are you ok?" he said getting on the blistering sand with me. I couldn't breath, and he seen i couldnt. He picked me up, and ran me over to the closest lifeguard's post. "Call an ambulance." he yelled up to the girl on the tall white chair.  She immediately pulled her phone out and started dialing. My lungs were trying to get air, but my mind was overloaded. I couldn't think, my mind was everywhere at once. Alex still was holding me, he was sweaty and hot as hell. He was looking down  at me, "Calm down, and breath. Its ok, you'll be ok. I need you to try to calm yourself for me ok?" I nodded at him, well i tried too anyway. I was shaking now, and my vision was getting black spots in it. "Their down there!" the girl yelled to Alex, he ran down with me bouncing in his arms towards the guys in white.

I was out before we reached them.

I was in and out while I was in the ambulance, Alex was yelling at the guy driving, and the one who was touching me. Then I was in a white room, Alex sat next to me. "You're OK, you just were hyper ventilating or was it heat exhaustion." I think that's what they said anyway." he said holding on to my hand. I had wires on me, I pulled them off quickly and shot up. Monitoring systems freaked out, beeping, and a nurse ran into the door. "You should not have just ripped them off, I thought you had just flat lined!" she was middle aged and plump. "Sorry." I said, and after a while we were able to leave.

Alex didn't let me go anywhere alone, I have to admit it was pretty funny having him following me around the house. When I went pee, he made me talk to him so he know I was OK from the other side of the door. I laid on the couch for most of the day, he was right behind me. His arms draped over my stomach, and he was trailing light kisses from my jaw right before my lips. I turned towards him, after a minute, and kissed him normally. The first time in a few months, we laid there for a while, kissing and watching TV.

At about 6:30 I got up, and so did Alex. "I want to walk to boardwalk, maybe go on some rides." I said going through my clothes. I pulled out a floral bralette, gray high waisted shorts, and my black vans. In the bottom of the bag, I saw a box. I pulled it out and it was a box of Trojans. I started laughing my ass off. I was a virgin, and Kayla knew I wasn't serious about any of my boyfriends before Alex. Maybe tonight would be the night, I opened the box, and slipped one in my pocket. Alex was standing by the bedroom door watching me, "What's that?" he asked. I jumped and threw the box in my bag and closed it. "Tampons!" I yelled embarrassed, it was the first thing that popped in my head. Fucking stupid Kimberly, he won't sleep with you while you have your period, "You don't though." my head said to me. Alex looked at me like I said something crazy. "You don't what Kim?" he asked me looking at me sideways. "I'm not on my ugh you know.." I said to him while looking at my shoes.

He laughed and walked away saying "I'm going to get changed, then we can leave." I bound up the stairs to get ready. I threw all my clothes in almost one motion, knowing he will only take a few minutes. I shimmied my shorts up, pulled my bralette on, and pulled on my vans, all in about two minutes. I put my hair in a quick messy bun, thinking about the rides and how tangled my hair would be. I opened the door, and Alex was standing at the top of the stairs waiting for me. He had on shorts, a muscle shirt, and some nikes. "You ready to go?" he asked. "Yup." I said walking towards him, and pulling him with me down the stairs.

He got a hold of my hand, and slowed me down so he could lock the door. "Come on!" I whined getting excited pulling his arm and tugging him with me as I skipped towards the bright lights on the old wooden planks under my feet. "Calm down babe, it won't disappear." He said pulling me towards him and putting his arm over my shoulders. "I know but I love the boardwalk." I said and then I thought about it. "Except the people, I really don't like people all that much." He exclaimed" What about me?!" A jokingly hurt expression on his face, "Oh you're the worst honey."

Arcades, rides, stores, and food was what our night consisted of, and it was perfect. I didn't have to do anything, I didn't need to fight, and Alex was having a blast. We were walking on the beach by the water at the end of the night and the moon was lighting our way. I was holding his hand, feeling all the different lines and tracing them with my finger as if I had to remember them. We were silent, the only sounds were the ocean and the distant chatter of the busy boardwalk. "Alex?" I said in almost a whisper. "Yes?" He says as we continue to walk. "Thank you." He looks over at me "For what Kim?" He has a curious look on his face. Almost as if he was trying to see what I was going to say.

"I was sitting in a police station in handcuffs and you just came in and fixed everything. My dad goes crazy and beats the shit out of me and my mom, you're there for me. We haven't spoke in almost a month and I feel like we haven't been apart." I let go of his hand and start to fix my shirt and kick the sand. He still is looking at me but just not with his confused face. He looks so handsome and happy. "I'm not saying you're some knight in shining armour but I think you're the best thing there is to it." He doesn't say anything, and I feel awkward so I keep walking slowly down the beach.

"Kimberly," he says so low I can barely hear him. "You are not the type of girl I thought I would ever see myself with. But I know that I don't want anyone else but you. All the things you went through, and yet you still have the strength to keep going. You're strong and independent and so beautiful," he walks in front of me so that we are face to face. "I love you." He says to me.

He loves me? The thought flew around my head like crazy, I felt frantic, do I say it back? I'm not ready for the love word yet, I feel almost trapped, but the feeling didn't stick. "I dont expect it back Kim, i just wanted you to know, the last month has been the worst of my life, because i didn't have you with me. I would be watching TV and see some dumb commercial and see you laughing at it. But you were stuck in my mind, i couldn't sleep without imaging you beside me." He had a sad smile in his face. I felt bad but i could not say it back.

"Alex, i dont know what to say." i looked down at my feet , he was so close to me and i heard the grumble of his laughter coming from his chest. "You dont need to say anything, when you feel it you will say it. Come on lets get back." He put his arm around me and i tried to get my thoughts together.

At the house, we were back to laying on the couch and watching tv. It feels like the safest place in the world. But i know that its coming to an end, nothing lasts forever and i have an angry mother and brother at home to deal with. And does his i love you mean he wants there to be an us again? Do i want us again? Yes i do but slower, more time to fully know each other. Maybe everything would be okay from here on out. there has to be some point in my life that isnt all tragedy and pain, and Alex might be a part of that point.

------------------------------------------------

Finally an update, yay me. After how long I got one up. I promise ill try to get another chapter up ASAP. Hope you guys enjoy it oh and Happy Thanksgiving guys ♥