chapter twenty-one

Alecia's pov

It's been almost a year since Dante and I began dating, and I'm so glad I decided to give him a chance that day.

I would have regreted it for the rest of my life of I hadn't.

I don't think I've ever been this happy in my life.

Everything in my life is so amazing, I feel like I'm dreaming and I'm scared someone will wake me up.

My family and I are closer than ever, though I still think about my mum sometimes, I don't think I'll actually want to see her.

It's better for Lucia and Mia to also forget about her.

I also got promoted to being  the manager of the restaurant, and my relationship with Dante is better than ever.

I even  meet his parents and it was very awkward at first, but as time went by, it became less awkward and uncomfortable.

I remember when he told me that he loves me.

We had been dating for about eight months. I was very aware of my feelings for Dante but i wasn't sure about his.

Me being the chicken that I am, I didn't tell him that I loved him.

I was so scared of being rejected.

It was in my twenty- third birthday when it all went down.

Dante took me and my whole family and Emerald for a surprise trip to Paris for my birthday weekend.

It was like the stories you read in romance books and see in movies.

Never did it occur to me that I'll be this lucky in life.

We had dinner at a very extravagant restaurant and I was feeling so content.

Not because I was being treated like a queen, but because I was surrounded by the people I loved.

I didn't think my day could get any better, but it did.

Dante and I took a walk around the Eiffel Tower and of course, was surrounded by tourists.

It was such a beautiful night, nothing could dampen my mood.

We stood infront of the infamous tower, just staring at it with our arms wrapped around each other.

"Standing here, I can't help but think about how much I fucking Love you." 

Just like that, i felt like I was home.

I looked at him, and his eyes were filled with love for me and felt like crying.

Not the sad kind, but the one caused by overwhelming happiness.

There was nothing else to say. My eyes said everything. That I loved him, maybe too much even.

I know it's very short, but the next chapter will be longer.