Lying in bed, thinking of Patrick

She layed there, wrapped up in her warm and cosy blanket, staring on the ceiling. She remembered the scene in her office. Jane, looking in her eyes, holding her hands. Teresa shivered. She heard his dark and warm voice, it gave her goosebump. "You can tell me everything." he said. But there was something that she couldn't tell him. Something that may ruin their friendship. He won't feel the same way as me. She, Teresa Lisbon, had feelings for her partner Patrick Jane. It wasn't love on the first sight, no not at all. He was really shy in the beginning of their mutual carrier. But with the success and the closed cases he became more and more arrogant, convinced of himself like no one else and sometimes really cruel. But he had other sides too. There was this broken heart inside of him, that may never be heal again. There was this coldhearted man who just wanted revenge more than anything in his life. Revenge for his dead family. He would do anything to find Red John and make him suffer befor he would finally kill him. There was this guy who just wants understanding and liking. But only Lisbon knows this side of him, he showed her in this little and rare moments of weakness he had sometimes. And that's why she is in love with him, although he's difficult sometimes.

Teresa tossed and turned in her bed, trying to get some sleep. No success. Her eyes fell on the digital alarm clock on her bedside table. 2.34 a.m. That'll be a long night.

***

The next day Patrick greeted a very tired Lisbon in her office. He immediately noticed her tiredness and gave his comments. "Your lover was obviously insatiable last night wasn't he?" he joked and looked at his boss with a cuckle. "Jane, please. Just leave me allone. Go tease Cho or Van Pelt. I can't need this kind of jokes right now." Lisbon's tired voice came from her desk. Jane wanted to say something but Rigsby entered the room and told them that the case with the old widow was finally closed. "They found the string in the car of Dave, the friend of Haley Garnet's son. He's here now and ready to be interviewed." "Okay. Cho will ask the questions. I will listen." With this words Teresa got up from her chair, looked at Jane in a exhausted way one more time and then followed Rigsby into the little room, next to the room where the interviews take place. She sat herself down in front of the glasssheet and watched the chinese agent, asking the young boy several questions. After a while the door opened and Jane entered the room. "Hi." he said but got no response. He walked behind the chair, Teresa was sitting in and placed both hands on the chair back, leaning against it. She noticed, that some of his fingertips actually touched her back and somehow she relaxed a little. She didn't know that Jane noticed and smiled a little.

***

After the interview, Dave got arrested. He admitted everything, he did it because of Haley. They had an affair and Haley told him to do it because she wanted her aunt's money. Lisbon was in her office again, finishing paperwork. Rigsby and Van Pelt said goodbye a long time ago and Cho just left. Now there wasn't anybody left besides her and Patrick. He layed on his couch with closed eyes, maybe sleeping. After she has cleaned up her desk, she sat down on her couch, leaned her head on the couch back and closed her eyes. She nearly fell asleep as she heard a noice. Jane stood in the door and watched her. She barely noticed him as he came to her and sat down beside her. They looked at each other for a short moment and Jane spreaded his arms to say that it would be okay if she'd lay down in them. So she did. Her head layed down softly on his chest, her eyes closed and her arms wrapped around his waist. Patrick smiled as he looked down at this beautiful woman sleeping in his arms. He carefully put his arms around Lisbon and pulled her closer to him. Placing his face on her head, kissing it softly. This moment just belonged to them. Jane ran his fingers through her hair and closed his eyes too. But Teresa wasn't asleep immediatly and noticed his actions. She smiled too and then finally fell asleep to the feel of Jane's fingers, running gently through her hair.