Chapter Nineteen

Pieces of the puzzle started to unfold as Nat watched a girl with blonde hair and green eyes, many centuries ago. That girl, she found out, was Tara. Tara, was her. She was once human, something she never knew.

The girl sat in a clearing of the woods, coughing filled the air with sound. She was frail, her skin as pale as snow. Her eyes hardly stayed open, something wasn't right. That was when her time ended. Tara's time ended.

Nat shook, as the golden tube closed as she was as pale as snow herself. The new information scared her, frightened her beyond belief. Yet it didn't seem to make sense. Not all the pieces fit

"T... Tara?" Jack asked looking up at her.

"Tara?" Bunnymund asked confused and looked over at North.

"You didn't!" Pitch cried flying in front of her to block her view of Jack.

Nat shook, as she dropped the box and it quickly disappeared; back to where it belonged. "I.. I died alone in the woods?" She asks, almost asking herself, as her voice uncertain.

"What did you see?" Pitch asked, leaning forward with great curiosity, Jack tried to butt in, but he only pushed him backwards.

"I saw a girl of 14, run into the woods. Living there alone. She died two years later... I'm not sure why though," Nat says softly as she looks down at her trembling hands, the new information overwhelming her even more.

"That was y-"

"What else did you see?" Pitch asked glaring at Jack as he dug for more information from the memory she had seen.

"I saw you," she answers softly, looking up at him. "Tara couldn't, but I could see you."

"I was trying to help." he smiled "I... I understood y- the child at the time." he smiled slightly to himself, glancing down at the ground below him.

"Nat!" Jack whined, but was once again pushed back by Pitch.

"She died-" Nat says with a frown. "Alone. Sick. Cold... afraid."

"There was nothing I could do." at that moment, they all saw a different side to Pitch, he was, as if, almost sad.

"I wish I would've helped. I don't want anyone to die alone, especially in the woods," she says softly, almost as if she was only telling herself that.

"You tried." he said quietly. "Tara was-"

"Nat!"

"Stop!" Pitch growled and threw Jack to the ground angrily.

"Pitch don't do that to him," Nat says with a frown, looking at him. "Tara was what then?"

Jack and Pitch both shouted at the same time "Tara was you."

"That's impossible though. I am from the earth.." Nat began before cutting herself off, freezing in shock as she looked between Jack and Pitch.

"She's who?" Bunnymund asked, surprised.

"It's true." North stated "We were all human once." he stopped "Well besides Bunny."

"Thanks a lot mate." he grumbled, rolling his eyes.

"Why didn't I know until centuries later? What was there to hide?" Nat questions with a frown.

"I didn't know mine either." Jack mumbled, mostly to himself.

"Jack, that's not the point," Nat says with a sigh, looking back to him, almost ignoring pitch.

"Is the moon hiding something?" Pitch paused, regaining her attention "What could he hide?"

Nat looked away from all of the others, looking down at the ground for the longest of time before looking up to Pitch. "He didn't hide anything," Nat began before pausing, taking a deep breath as if to try to comfort herself. "I just know now... that I was human, once."

THE END

(Of Book One)

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN

Stick around for the Epilogue that we will be publishing tomorrow as well!!! :D

We Love You All!

Please tell us your reactions to this ending, we would really appreciate it!

!Thank You!

>- CountryGurl28 & Exploding_Tardis -<