You Belong With Me

Mark

Hey

Me

Hey hru?

Mark

Little pissed at something

Me

What?

Mark

I don't want to talk about it

Me

I'm your best friend I can't help u if u don't tell me

Mark

Okay. Jasmine just called and yelled at me because there's a rumor going around that I am cheating on her and I'm going out with Morgan but that's crazy cuz I'd never go out with Morgan!

Me

Would u ever go out with a different girl that's not Jasmine?

"Well maybe you if u knew I love you", Mark thought to himself.

Mark

Probably not, so how was your day?

Me

See so she shouldn't even listen to those rumors cause she should know it's not true. It was okay I had a math test and I think I aced it, there was a fight at lunch, did u see it?

Mark

Of course I saw it, it was funny though, and duh u aced it u study like nonstop!

Me

Yes it was, and that's not such a bad thing u know

Mark

I know but, look I gotta go. Homework calls text u tomorrow k?

I sigh.

Me

K text u tomorrow then

I begin to type on my laptop at about ten thirty pm when my phone starts to vibrate.

Mark

Can't sleep, need help?

Me

It's only ten thirty do you normally go to sleep this early?

Mark

No, but I can't sleep you're the first person I knew that'd actually try to help me

Me

Okay calm down did you drink some milk, or tried counting sheep?

Mark

No but that doesn't help

Me

Well are you thinking about something that's bothering you?

Mark

Kind of..

Me

Well what is it?

Mark sighs he has to tell her it'd drive him crazy so he began to text her.

Mark

The truth is I like you alot and I didn't think you did because we're just friends. I know I'm with Jasmine but all along you're the real one I'd like to be hooked up with

I gasp because this is the thing I'd thought he'd never in his life say because I'm a nerd and he's the athletic guy who's popular, they never mix.

Me

I really like you too, I actually liked you since seventh grade but you're with Jasmine. I don't like her but she doesn't deserve that so if anything does happen you'd have to break up with her. Are you still not sleepy?

Mark

After what you just said I might not go back to sleep for a thousand years J

Me

Hopefully that's a good thing

Mark laughs and says to himself "That's a very good thing".

Conversation inspired by the Taylor Swift song "You Belong With Me"