The Boy with the Lighting Scar

"Are you sure you've got everything? Wand? Books? Cat?" y/n's Grandmother asked frantically checking over her grand daughter's trolley.

It was September 1st and they were standing at Kings Cross station. The train was leaving soon and y/n was saying her goodbyes to her grandma before she would jump on the train and head off to her new school. The nerves were only now kicking in. y/n had only been homeschooled before and knew nothing about magic (excluding the ridiculous amount she had read the night before). And now she was on her way to school full of witches and wizards! It still seemed a bit surreal.

"Don't worry Grandma! I have my wand right here" she said as she held up her wand. "My books are all packed up and in my trunk, and Nimbus is with me." she pulled open her jumper to reveal a small little black cloud, nestled up to y/n's chest, purring softly.

"Well guess you're all set then." her Grandmother responded before pulling her into a hug. "Stay safe okay? And write to me whenever you get the chance."

"We'll see you at Christmas" y/n responded hugging her back.

She was the only family she had. No siblings, no aunts or uncles, not even a third cousin twice removed. It was just y/n and Martha. Once y/n pulled away she let out a sigh. The young witch then turned away and began pushing her trolley with all her belongings through the station. She checked her train ticket to see which platform she needed to be on but was only met with confusion.  "Platform 9 3/4" it read. 

Is this some type of joke? 

She looked around and saw that she was on platform 9, and to her right was platform 10, but there was no sort of station in between them. After looking around for a while she began to get flustered. How was she going to get on the train if she can't even find the bloody platform?! Then, just up ahead, she heard a boy speaking to one of the platform officers.

"-to get to platform 9 and 3/4?" the ebony haired boy said. The man just walked off, laughing.

"He must be going to Hogwarts as well," y/n thought. She began walking up to him and spoke

"Hey you're going to Hogwarts too, right," she said once she was next to him

'"Oh, yeah," He said enthusiastically, looking happy to find one of his kind. "Do you know how to get on the platform?"

"Not a clue"

A loud family came walking fast past them, they all had bright ginger hair and were pushing trolleys packed to the brim with them.

"As always, packed with muggles, come on!" said a lady who y/n assumed to be the mother.

The pair looked at each other and then quickly went to follow them. As they came around a pillar, they saw two boys run at the brick wall between platforms 9 and 10. Just when y/n thought they were going to crash, they phased through it and disappeared! The boy y/n was with stepped forward

"Excuse me!" he called as he approached the mother, y/n quickly following suit. "could you show us-how to-to" His awkwardness was quite amusing to watch for y/n

"How to get onto the platform dear? Of course! It's Ron's first year at Hogwarts too!" she gestured to a boy standing with his own trolley, a rat sat in a cage that was mounted on top of his trunk. "Now all you have to do is run straight at the wall between platforms 9 and 10" The boy looked over to said wall, the nerves showing clearly on his face. "Better go at a run if you're nervous"

"Good luck" a small girl standing next to the woman announced

The boy started to run at the wall until he was almost sprinting then phased through it, just like magic. The lady smiled at where a black haired boy once was and then turned to y/n.