Chapter Three

The first three works got progressively better until Lynn joined the sorority. She begged me to go along and I would have if it wasn't for the fact that when Jaycee comes to visit it will be hard to lie to them. So I've just been studying a lot and finding peace in the extra room I've had but today is probably one of the more uncomfortable days. She just continued snoring. It's two in the afternoon, why is she sleeping. She had a lot of stuff but I never saw any actual books or anything school related for that matter. She didn't even change or bother taking off her shoes, she slept in her ripped skinny jeans and combat boots. Her hair was bleach blonde and she looked like she just walked out of makeup tutorial. I reached over and grabbed my laptop off the bedside table and the sound of it starting caused her role over and stare at me.
Her voice was groggy, "What time is it?" I checked my laptop "Two thirty-two". She sat up didn't really fix her hair as much as just flip it over before she stood up and grabbed her backpack along with a half empty soda on the counter. Then she just walked out without another word, no goodbye or time she would be back but that wasn't the important part at the time. Considering she hadn't even told me her name I knew the most information I was gonna get was going to be out of her belongings. The first thing I inspected was her duffle bag and from what I could tell, she had more makeup than hygiene products and more combat boots than pairs of pants. Then I moved on to the shoe boxes she had. Mostly common things: CDs, DVDs, chargers, and jewelry. Then I stumbled upon something that made my stomach knot and my face burn, but for some reason I still had to pick it up and right as I did the doorknob twisted. I wanted to throw it down but I was petrified so she just walked in and it seemed to go in slow motion. "I forgot my-" she stopped then walked over to me "Are you going through my stuff?" I nodded still not able to move the rest of my body. She smiled "I would be really angry if you weren't clearly more uncomfortable than I am right now." She took it out of my hand and closed back up the box. Then she grabbed her phone off her bed and stuck it in her pocket. She laughed one more time before opening the door, "Hey kitty," she said "next time at least wait for me to get back before messing with my strap." Then she winked like it was nothing and walked out. My face burned and I could feel a lump in my throat so I just decided lay down and bury my face in my pillow. How have I done this to myself, I can't face her again. Then I buried my face in further because I'm gonna have to face her everyday for the next nine weeks.