Chapter 10

Steve Roger’s a.k.a. Captain America’s P.O.V. 

I awoke groggy for the second time in the span of a day. My head throbbed much worse than before, every rush of blood through my veins resounding in my ears. Blindly, I reached a hand up, my fingers coming into contact with a gauze sheet tapped to the right of my forehead. It was damp with what I could only assume to be blood. How did that happen?

“Ungh,” I croaked, pushing myself into an upright position, though every muscle protested the movement. “Natasha? Roland? What happened?” I waited, ears ringing, sitting stiffly as the silence grew louder. No one responded. 

My eyes snapped open, the harsh lights nearly blinding me as I stumbled off whatever I was lying on. The last moments of my consciousness came rushing back and my vision clouded with red. 

Loki!” I shouted, sending my fist into the closest wall. The metal dented, folding beneath the weight of the punch. If he’d done anything to Calypso, if he’d so much as touched her, no, breathed in her direction, I’d– I’d– 

I’d kill him. I’d give my apologies to Thor but if he’d hurt her I wouldn’t be able to control myself. I glanced around, failing to find a door of any sort among the four metal walls. I needed to get out of here, wherever here was. I had no idea where Natasha or Roland were or if they were even alive. Knowing Loki and the organization, I couldn’t afford to bet on that fact. Loki was a major player in whatever was going down, and I hoped I’d find a way out before whatever plan he had concocted was executed.

Roland’s P.O.V. 

“It’s so nice to see you again, Roland,” the woman before me said, smiling wide to reveal a row of pearly whites. I rubbed my arm, fingers brushing against where I’d been injected with an anti-bending serum before I’d been so kindly dragged out of my cell.  I scoffed, rolling my eyes. Yeah, so nice. My head made contact with the metal table before I could so much as blink,  the guard behind me chuckling as I hissed out in pain. 

“We will have no funny business during this questioning,” she stated, her chipper tone past the point of disturbing. 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. Nothing about this is funny,” I shot back, clutching my forehead as a major migraine began to take hold. She laughed, auburn hair spilling over her shoulders as she wiped imaginary tears from her eyes. 

Was everyone here psychotic!?

“No, it isn’t. I just need to ask you a few question and then you’ll be on your way,” she giggled, receiving a raised eyebrow from me. 

“On my way to where?” I bit out, my suspicions increasing ten fold. Considering what happened the day they destroyed our home, I knew wherever I was going was certainly somewhere I wouldn’t like. 

“Oh, that’s not important sweety. Now, do you still have the ability to bend?” 

I reluctantly nodded, placing my hands at my sides for fear of a sudden test. 

“How old are you?” 

“19.” 

“How’s the condition of your back?” 

“Fine.” 

“Are there any survivors we may have missed during our search?” I blanched, wondering how she had the audacity to ask such a question. 

“No,” I snapped, giving her a glare that should’ve melted her face right off. What did this woman think, that I’d just give up my friends and family had they survived? 

“Your loyalty is to us now, so I suggest–” 

“I will never pledge my loyalty to whatever the hell this place is, you crazy bitc–” I spat, only to be yanked from my seat mid sentence by the guard. He had my hands bound in any instant, then he stilled, waiting for orders from the insane interrogator. 

"Are you super duper sure you aren't going to cooperate?" she asked, pouting like a sad, little puppy. Her green eyes shined in the light with an almost glossy sheen. She had 'Psycho" written all over her. I attempted to back away, only to run into the man behind me. This woman should have won an award for "Scariest Person In The History Of Forever."

"I'm super, duper sure," I drawled, ever the smartass. 

“We’ll just have to find out the hard way, then. Have fun!” she cheered, smiling and hugging her clip board to her chest. 

I paled as the man latched onto my shirt and escorted me from the room.

Well, crap.